It is currently Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:11 pm

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post subject: Documentation
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:58 pm 

I just came across this GraphicControls forum.

I cannot find GraphicContgrols.pdf anywhere. Can somebody tell me how to get it?

Also, I noticed that there have not been any posts for over a year. Is development continuing, or has it ended?

Thank you,
Robert

Post subject: Re: Documentation
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:06 pm 

The last post I found on the subject, this one says GraphicControls.pdf is out of date. Maybe Jeff pulled it, intending to make changes. He did update GC-QuickRef.pdf.

- Marc

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:28 am 

Sorry, did not realise the manual had been removed - will re-instate it, once I find a copy. The manual is well out of date but it does detail older commands and how they be used. Later commands all follow the same pattern - see the various posts each time a new release was made for details of these new commands.
The package is still supported and being developed but:
- Due to a change in personal circumstances I'm no longer at home so not much Basic programming is taking place.
- There has been no bug reports (and I know my code is not perfect) or requests for features for ages (years?) so the only changes being made are features I decided I needed for my personal projects. Similarly, the only bugs fixed were ones I found myself. As I have not added any new features or found/fixed any bugs recently, there has been no need to realease a new version. I do have a slightly newer version available and will try and upload it as soon as I can.
- Updating the documention would take a great deal of time but because of the reduced developement time I have available and the fact that I have no evidence the package is even being used, updating the documentation is not one of my priorities at the moment. I suppose a quick and dirty way to bring the manual up to date would be to simply attach all the release notes posted since the manual was written.
As usual, if people have any questions, bug reports or feature requests please post them here.
Jeff

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:46 pm 

Thank you for your reply. If you make the latest pdf available, as well as a list of later release notes, I will try to bring the manual up to date. It would help if you can supply the source to the pdf. Do you have it in odt or doc format?

Thanks,
Robert

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:03 pm 

Uploaded GraphicControls.pdf as requested. It was built using Serifs PagePlus 9. As far as I can see it only allows a doument to be published as a PDF, a eBook or HTML so unless I'm missing something it may need a program that can edit PDFs directly if changes are required.
Everytime I uploaded a new version I attached a list of all the changes made in the annoucement entry in the forum. Versions up to version 1.09 are covered in the uploaded PDF.
Just uploaded v1.17 - see posting in the main thread.
Jeff

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:27 pm 

Jeff,

Thank you for uploading the PDF. I have already extracted all of the text from it as well as the images. I will now have to reformat the whole document. I also turned all of the update notes into a text file so I can update the doc accordingly. This will all take time, something I have very little of, but I think that it is worthwhile. I am using LibreOffice so I will be able to upload the document in various formats including ODT, DOC, and PDF.

Robert