It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 12:55 am

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post subject: Request: HTML5 internet radio player
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:53 pm 

I would like to congratulate The author of this library for this amazing project. Mainly because it allow users to create GUI with combo boxes, radio boxes, buttons, check boxes, editable fields, ETC. Very well done. The most positive fact on this library is, that it allows to create GUIS very simple way. No more than two files needed. Yours .bas library and source code file where library methods are called. Library uses WEB view component which is fully accessible with screen readers. So very well done. I would like to thank you, that You are constantly develop The library for us. You are really The treasure of RFO-basic forums. I AM dreaming, if You would add HTML 5 Internet radio player which do not depend on The server module somewhere, The .bas library would have The separate file name so only if somebody would like to have HTML5 Internet radio player functions, user would download this .bas library. What do you think about it? HTML5 player would simply call native Android features so if some stream URL will not be supported by Android media playr component, app would crash. I believe, that you would really do that, yours programmers experience are really outstanding.

Post subject: Re: Request: HTML5 internet radio player
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:04 am 

Hello Jan,

Thanks for the nice words ;)

I moved your request out of the announcement.

I will have a look at the players available and if they're easy to implement it could be in a next version of GW why not ;)

If you could help me searching the open source internet radio players (those with their code on GitHub) that would already be a big step forward!

Thanks,
Nicolas

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:59 am 

Dear Nicolas,
I will do my best.
Here is one HTML5 radio player. I hope, that it do not depend on Adobe flash player.
https://codeload.github.com/kranack/HTM ... zip/master
The biggest problem is, that all HTML5 players are suffering because of The following bad aspects.
Their HTML5 code depend on Adobe flash player .so libraries from Adobe.
2. Players contain two groups of modules. The client one, which can reside for example even inside our Basic program, but second, which must be hosted on some servers.
My goal would be to create HTML5 radio player, which will not depend on foreigner server except URL stream link which is surely streamed from some Internet radio server.
Sure, Javascript will have to be included. I have found out, that GW library contain
ADD_VIDEO (mypage, link_to_video
function. Is this method supported by some video player, which resides somewhere on The cloud? Or code is The part of gw.bas library?
If The code is The part of gw.bas, what would happen, if somebody would try to open live audio stream instead of video?
Here is The live stream link.
http://amp1.cesnet.cz:8000/cro1.ogg

Technically, I do not have The problem if Video engine of Android will play audio. Sure, it will allocate much more RAM, may be, that it will generate black points on The screen.

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:52 pm 

Nice try but the page at https://github.com/kranack/HTML5-Webradio-app mentions
Quote:
HTML5 Webradio Player for Firefox OS
;)

Ideally we would need one for Android.

GW_ADD_VIDEO supports video from an internet source, but AFAIK only fixed source (avi/mp4/mpg/etc file), not streaming.

But I'll try nonetheless!
And thanks for the link you provided, it'll definitely come in handy for my experiments.

Nicolas

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:59 pm 

Yup!! Natively supported by GW_ADD_VIDEO :mrgreen:

Try it, it works:
[edit]sorry you can't, you need to wait for GW 4.4 that fixes the VIDEO control
Code:
INCLUDE "GW.bas"
p= GW_NEW_PAGE()
GW_ADD_VIDEO(p, "http://amp1.cesnet.cz:8000/cro1.ogg")
GW_RENDER(p)
DO
  r$=GW_WAIT_ACTION$()
UNTIL r$="BACK"

But the empty video is ugly, and we would need some function to play/stop the webradio programmatically...

Definitely something in my registry :D so you'll have it in GW v4.4!

Nicolas

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:27 pm 

Dear Nicolas,
Thank You very much for yours code. I do not know, if it is necessary to activate some object, or live radio should start to play automatically.
Screen reader have told me something about lib loading image and there are video object and some internal link. May be,that external used module do not support Android 4.1.2,. Oh, I hhave found out, that memory is The problem. Basic inform me low memory. So I will have to test on some emulator based on Android X86 project.

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:38 am 

This is available in GW V4.4 as GW_ADD_AUDIO()
Try the demo > Advanced > Audio/Video to see an example of a simple webradio.

Nicolas

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:19 pm 

Dear Nicolas, I would like to congratulate you. Yours GW library work smoothly and it produces very nice GUI. My sighted mother has told me, that you have created really outstanding GUI oolkit. I have tested play live video, it plaied smoothly and without issues. Also download video to SD cart has worked. Only radio player did not work. I have been able to click on The corresponding button, but ogg stream did not play. There is change radio button. I waited minute or more and I have pressed on the change WEB radio button. But because You have included audio live streams support internally and it work perfectly, I will not overload you. May be, that I would had to press on some link and screen readers have some issues to access GW guis. It is not yours error, it is complex relationship between algorithms, which screen readers for Android are using for getting datafrom HTML engine Webview component. May be, that newer Android will not have this issue. GWlib really produces accessible apps. I have told right you on other thread. The onlyone roblem is, that I have to use two fingers to roll a little The displaied page. I can swipe from left to right or from right to left to jump to some specific GUI element. But to find out, why Talkback, Shine+ or older Spiel can ot automatically manage HTML content as it should is complex issue. May be, that newer Android is The only one solution. But in fact, yours library is accessible with patience from visually impaired user. So video file which is available on The Internet can be perfectly watched and plaied. All other GW library parts are also working perfectly. Very well done.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:40 pm 

Hi Janusz,

I tried the demo and web radio works for me.
Could you maybe ask someone sighted to manually click on the Web radio play control with screen reader disabled, so we can understand if the problem is in your HTML5 webviewer/codec or in your screen reader not correctly accessing jQuery controls.

Luca

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:58 am 

Dear developers,
I have bought new mobile phone with Android 6.0. I have found out, that WEBwiev work much more better with Talkback screen reader, so I Am able to use all GWlib Gui creation related functions with no issues at all. I have tried included Radio player, I was able to click on The player, but I could not be able to activate play button. Change player button do not activate player. And there are embedded Webwiev related buttons for play, stop ETC, but I think, that it is related to included GWdemo video playback.
I must do somethink, so Gwdemo will stop to display keyboard, because keyboard causes that if I want to click on play button embedded Webwiev control, I AM randomly pressing various keys. Because in fact, I do not want to type other stream URL to edit box. The problem is, that I do not know, if it is possible to hyde keyboard, if some special input command is being used.
But Gwlib is 100 % accessible while using Android 6.0 or newer. And GUI interaction and Talkback feeetback is fast.
My phone contain clean Android with no bloadware so I have 440 MB of free RAM while Talkback and Espeak Retzoc is running. So I Am also not suffering because of out of memory command.