It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post subject: Version v01.83 released
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:28 pm 

Version v01.83 is up on BinTray.

It is NOT yet on Google Play Store -- they added some new requirements that I have not met. I will announce it as soon as I can get that done. If anybody has a great idea for a 1024 x 500 Feature Image, let's see it.

Meanwhile, you can download the new version by clicking this link.
There are realease notes here to tell you what's new, and for the whole story view or download the updated manual, De Re BASIC!.

Here are the release notes, copied from BinTray:

Enhancements
  • The CALL keyword is now optional in the same way as LET. A function name found at the beginning of a line is executed.
  • Added Custom Colors and four settable colors to Preferences.
  • Grouped Color Scheme, Custom Colors, and settable colors under a new Screen Colors Preference.
  • Per user request, changed the default highlight color to a more visible green. Use setup.xml color4 or Preferences to change it.
  • Added static phone data to the DEVICE command, and a new PHONE.INFO command for dynamic phone data.
  • Extended ASCII() and UCODE() to allow selection of any character within a string.
  • Extended CHR$() to take multiple expressions and create a multi-character string.
  • Extended GR.MODIFY so one command can change more than one property of an object.

Problems Fixed
  • Changes to the INPUT command internals. The visible effect is to eliminate the flash on retry after blank numeric input.
  • Fixed a minor bug in PRINT when a function call plus a comma end the argument list.

- Marc

Post subject: Re: Version v01.83 released
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:33 pm 

The new version, v01.83, is available now on the Google Play Store. I don't know if it's available everywhere yet, but if not, it will be very soon.

Here's the the link.

- Marc

Post subject: Re: Version v01.83 released
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:48 am 

The long-ago-promised and slow-to-be-delivered v01.83.01 test build is]available on BinTray! Click HERE to download the APK.

There are release notes on BinTray as well, here. It's just a copy of what I put on GitHub. I will copy them into this post.

You probably know what you want to test. In addition to that, I need your help again.

I made a complete pass through all 67 Graphics commands. Well, 68 counting the GR_Collision$() function. I fixed a couple of minor bugs, I even found one that can crash BASIC!. But mostly I refactored for shared code and standardized usage, in preparation for upcoming changes. When I did a fairly quick test pass everything worked. No, really. I didn't find any mistakes. And, well, that's impossible. They're in there, I just didn't test enough. So I need you folks to find them for me. Run your favorite really tough graphics programs and tell me what does not work.

And if you want to test the Signal Strength code of Phone.Info, or the new Dialogs, or the new GR commands, sure, go ahead.

And thank you.

Here are change notes I put on GitHub and BinTray -- not enough detail, but there is more available in the forum discussions of each item.
Release Notes wrote:
Changes so far since v01.83.

Enhancements:

Bundle auto-create -- also allows reusing existing bundle
Added Signal Strength to PHONE.INFO. Experimental?
Added canceled_var parameter to INPUT
BUNDLE.REMOVE
DIALOG.MESSAGE
DIALOG.SELECT
GR.TEXT.HEIGHT
GR.STATUSBAR
DEBUG.COMMANDS
DEBUG.STATS
f28_bundle.base -- demonstrate DEBUG.REMOVE and DIALOG.SELECT
f40_phone_info.bas

Fixes:

ARRAY.SORT/SHUFFLE/REVERSE with array segment -- crash
GR.GET.TYPE -- crash
DEBUG.DUMP.STACK -- really dump stacks, not lists
Preferences -- spelling of "Sans Serif"
Both GR.BITMAP.SIZE and GR.BITMAP take an expression for the source bitmap, not simply a numeric variable.
f16_select.bas -- allow June births
f39_downloader -- per KeithB

Infrastructure:

Refactored INPUT in preparation for new DIALOG commands.
Refactored SELECT in preparation for new DIALOG.SELECT
Refactored doResume to share code.
Expanded Message Groups
Cleanup and minor bugfix pass that touched almost every GR command -- needs thorough test