It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:10 am

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: RFO-BASIC! Editor, based on Jota
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:18 am 

mmmm very nice. it'd be great if the letters bettween the [] were a unique color from the font color. but the ()[] scratched the itch, or wait, healed the wound i was bleeding from. :)

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:42 pm 

I have just started playing with the 920 editor...nice work!
Love it.

Selecting text is easy! Nice!

Not at home right now...have to try my bluetooth keyboard on this...

Tablets owned:
Hisense Sero 7 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:56 pm 

To follow up on that:
Cassiope34 wrote:
- I absolutely don't know if it could be possible but what do you think of an icon that permit direct access to each label: or user Functions ?

Cheers,

Gilles.

I loved the idea so much that I implemented it on computer ;)

It was good practice in order to define the algo to detect labels and user functions (that I will re-use in 920), and it was missing from both SciTE and Notepad++

Next versions of BASIC! Launcher will have an agent residing in Windows systray, that will intercept the F2 key when pressed in SciTE or Notepad++ (I'm thinking to allow user to configure another function key, opinions?) and display a Code Finder window.

The solution is already working, I have to make it better looking (and extend to configurable Fn key if you people decide so).
I can post some screenshots if needed.

Nicolas

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:05 am 

Hi,

I’m have been playing with the new 920 Basic editor for RFO Basic. It’s great work, no doubt!

I have noticed that the selected text from 920 remains colorized features pasted it into the RFO Basic Editor. See my attached screenshot!
The editor leaves colors of inserted text when we save the file.
Does it mean that the RFO Editor ables to support this feature natively if anyone would develop it further to colorize keywords?
( I guess it would be huge work and maybe it can enlarge the APK size redundantly. Of course, I’m interested in it just theoretically. )

I used to use external hardware keyboard while programing on my Android 4.4 TV box. It works flawlessly with original RFO editor.
Unfortunately the developed 'RFO-920' editor does not support the useful PAGEUP, PAGEDOWN, HOME, END and + ALT key combinations, not at all.

Mougino, could you extend with using abovementioned hardware keyboard functionality by your developed editor or it is a restriction of 920 text editor?
It would be appreciated if you can do it, anyway.

Regards,
Gyula

Attachments:
colorized text in RFO Editor.png
colorized text in RFO Editor.png [ 140.92 KiB | Viewed 946 times ]
Report this post

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:00 pm 

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Copy-paste from 920 to BASIC! Editor keeps the syntax highlighting ??!

I was absolutely not aware of that! :o
I have honestly zero idea how it even works internally, if Android saves some kind of html code for coloration, I tried it, you are absolutely right! I'm stunned! But once you save, quit BASIC! Editor, and come back, open the file again, the coloration is gone...

It's a mystery is what it is...

Back to your request, yes! Easy to do... I will add support for PAGEUP, PAGEDOWN, HOME, END. By +ALT combination, you mean ALT+PGUP, ALT+PGDN, ALT+HOME and ALT+END, right ? or also other ALT + character combinations ?
Are there other keys you'd like implemented ?

Nicolas

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:40 pm 

Mougino, thanks for fast reaction.

Yes, I’m was wondering too, how it is possible to insert colorized text unaltered way into RFO editor but as I’m not an java/android expert, I have not thought on it long time.
I’m just want to share my odd experience and start an idea about possibility of syntax highlighting in RFO Basic editor, too…
Please, do not misunderstand me, I have not done any hidden agenda … I have just thought that could be good to know about this ability, as well.

Quote:
I will add support for PAGEUP, PAGEDOWN, HOME, END. By +ALT combination, you mean ALT+PGUP, ALT+PGDN, ALT+HOME and ALT+END, right ?

Yes, right. But I have to correct myself, because I misspelled the ALT keyword. I have meant CTRL instead of ALT. Sorry for it!
So, when I use physical keyboard (using with installed anysoftkeboard apk + my own language plugin) in RFO basic editor I can easily done that usual activity what I can do such as in a windows' wordeditor:

CTRL+HOME = jump to the beginnig of the edited file;
CTRL+END = jump to the end of the edited file;
HOME/END = jump to beginning/end of the line;
PAGEUP, PAGEDOWN = scrolling one page position up/down
DELETE/BACKSPACE = delete one character onward /backward
ARROW buttons = positioning one character/line up/down or onward/backward

Quote:
Are there other keys you'd like implemented ?

Yes, there are two buttons what are missing me.
Unfortunately, the INSERT and TAB buttons do nothing, but it would be nice if could be paste selected text or insert empty spaces to the actual caret position.
For my part, that's all essential keyboard's requirements, but maybe you should ask the others who are more experienced than me...

That’s all. Thanks for your motivation.

Gyula

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:27 pm 

Great stuff !
here after a long time and god I am happy I just checked this thread. I played it for about an hour and there are no bugs faced yet. great thing is that 920 editor has inbuilt html preview button so now we can create the ui as well as code simultaneously without need to switch the apps !
It seems after playing for a while tha there are no show stopper bugs. Will let you know if I found something.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:02 am 

I played a little bit with the editor, and I really liked it a lot.
I was editing a long file, and when I reached the end of the file (last few lines), I clicked on the screen, and the cursor showed up, so did the keyboard, and the text moved up leaving space for the keyboard and seeing the end of the file. I closed the keyboard and clicked a line below, and the second time the keyboard popped up, it covered the last few lines of the text. I could edit, but I was not able to see what I was editing... If I closed the editor and opened again, the keyboard moved the text up at the first call, and covered the text after the second call.

-------------

Hisense Sero 7 Pro (Tegra 3 7" rooted tablet - Android 4.4.4) / Moto G 3rd Gen (5" quad core rooted phone - Android 6.0).

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:13 am 

i also experience this. i had to add like 10 empty lines to be able to see the line i was typing on.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:28 am 

great idea, addyish. Not the best, but a feasible workaround.

-------------

Hisense Sero 7 Pro (Tegra 3 7" rooted tablet - Android 4.4.4) / Moto G 3rd Gen (5" quad core rooted phone - Android 6.0).

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next