It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 5:16 pm

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: RFO-BASIC! App Builder
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:57 am 

Hello to all,

While working on my RPG engine, I made a tool that basically automates the treatments of Appendix D of the manual and generates an Eclipse project ready to be compiled to apk in 1 click !

You can download RFO-BASIC! App Builder here : http://mougino.free.fr/appbuilder.html

Please test it and make me some feedback via this forum. Although I will be abroad in the next month (in China, for my wedding) I will read and answer on my return

Cheers and long live BASIC!
mougino

Last edited by mougino on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: RFO-BASIC! App Builder
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:44 am 

I work over the same project.
In release of my editor such function will be integrated, if users have an interest in such functions.

Excellent idea!

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:26 am 

Great tool!
Before this tool i needed from half an hour to one hour to compile an app.
Sometimes i also made mistakes and had to start all over, or find out what was missing...
Now i spended less than one minute to compile a program :D

An enhancement request: Icons for the app! You could -for example- modify your app,
so if it finds icon36.png, icon48.png, icon72.png it should insert them in drawable-hdpi,ldpi,mdpi
deleting old ones.

Have a nice honeymoon!

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:29 am 

Thanks Tony,

I actually started my program as you described : check for presence of icon36.png, icon48.png and icon72.png and if not present, ask user to define them (the three of them..) look I'm not lying hehe :

But then I found out "freeimage.dll" offers powerful graphical routines. It allowed me to resize the mdpi and ldpi icons from the higest resolution one, allowing user to select only one icon (even a non square one, and even in any image format !)

So in your example, just click on the icon in "App Builder" then go select icon72.png. That is true you have to make 1 click more, but I think it's best compromise both for powerful users and newbies ;-)

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:14 am 

Perfect! Thanks!
Now we can delete Appendix D from manual :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:04 am 
Site Admin

....or maybe Appendex D will get will get a new introduction. ;-)

Unread postPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:40 pm 

Thanks Mougino

It is a very fast tool, but I have a problem, i.e. I can't export because the Java sources tell a lot of ... cannot be resolved.

My be for there is this error: [2012-05-24 08:22:05 - Basic] Unable to resolve target 'android-14' ?

Thanks

John Rossati

Unread postPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:40 am 

Hello John,

Yes, your errors "... cannot be resolved" all come from the initial error "Unable to resolve target 'android-14'"
This is due to a bad installation of Eclipse environment, and more specifically of the Android 4.0 (API 14) platform, please see http://developer.android.com/sdk/instal ... Components

Please make sure to correctly install SDK, ADT and Android 4.0 platform in Eclipse before trying to compile. This corresponds to very first step of Appendix D

Good luck !

Unread postPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:21 am 

Thanks

John Rossati

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:35 am 

Hello to all,

I just released a v0.2 of my RFO-BASIC! App Builder:
    * fixed a crash when unzipping MyApp.zip in path containing some unicode characters
    * now the version number will be appended to project folder name in Eclipse workspace
    * now only the resources directly inside 'data' folder will be attached and not in its subfolders
    * added a small link to my website, click it only if you wish ;)

Second change was done so that you, as a programmer, can keep a history of previous versions of your project. Working on different versions with same App name always overwrote project before, this was a flaw.

Third change allows to work on several projects at the same time (what I'm doing, and I'm sure I'm not the only one): when you want to compile one project out of several, just create subfolders in "source" and "data" (e.g. "not used") and move all files not related to the project you want compiled. They will not be taken into account by RFO App Builder (it was the case before). Move back all files of your different projects once compilation is done.

V0.1 of the program should suggest upgrade automatically (I usually plan an upgrade mechanism in my programs to facilitate user life ;))

Don't hesitate to keep me posted of any regression, undesired behaviour, or wish for improvement.

Cheers,
Nicolas

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next