It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:48 pm

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: RFO-BASIC! App Builder
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:45 am 

Yeap godgrid, good assumption, all my tests so far show that coexistence of 2 APIs fail the Ant compilation chain.
I do believe, like you, that all needed apis are contained in the latest no matter what platform you are compiling your program to.

I will modify App Builder consequently: to detect if more than 1 API is installed, then take user by the hand to keep only the highest API.
I also plan to release the autodetect of permissions (asked before in this thread) as well as an "Expert mode" where you can dig in the Manifest.xml settings a little deeper and tune them (such as permissions, SDKmin, SDKtarget...)

Awaiting for this release, here are interesting figures about App Builder ;)
Attachment:
AppBuilderStats20120928.png
AppBuilderStats20120928.png [ 13.45 KiB | Viewed 1938 times ]

* Calculation is based on following rules:
AppBuilder uses = # of initial checks of AppBuilder to see if there is a new version (hits a "lastversion.dat" file on my website)
AppBuilder downloads = # of hits on http://mougino.free.fr/rfo-basic-app-builder.zip or rfo-basic app builder.zip
AppBuilder upgrades = # of downloads of AppBuilder from within an older version of AppBuilder

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:39 pm 

App Builder has been updated to v0.9:

- Added a bunch of new permissions (all of BASIC! sourcecode)
- Added permission autodetect functionality
- Added Easy mode and Expert mode (in this latter you can tune more things like SDKmin and SDKtarget in AndroidManifest.xml)
- Fixed Inpustream+String declaration bug when generating Basic.java
- Fixed crunch of MyNewApp to MyNwApp in project name (thanks jo_sprenger)
- Fixed Android API detection to allow good compiling: App Builder will now point APIs conflicts (thanks byg, godgrid, jbrasfield)
- Simplified Android SDK configuration dialog
- Improved BuildAPK.bat: copies final APK to project folder with good name

I will never recommend enough to upgrade your App Builder if you use it ;)
If you prefer to upgrade manually you can always find latest version at http://mougino.free.fr/appbuilder.html

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:11 pm 
Site Admin

Nice stats.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:16 am 

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I recently discovered an app on the Android Market you guys might like, it's called AIDE - Android Java IDE. It allows you to compile Eclipse projects to APK directly from your phone/tablet. It is a paid app, so to publish to Market you have to buy the full version, but the free version does compile and install a local APK to your device.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:32 am 

We are aware of this since... post2867.html?hilit=AIDE#p2867
At that time it was a free app. Although free, noone had tested it.
Maybe in the future we'll see an apk builder for android. Who knows?
I remember some months ago (...before mougino), Paul was asked if it would be ever possible
to automatically compile an app, and responded "i don't think so".
But - believe it or not - this forum has some very strong coders, capable of everything! ;)

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:31 pm 

Ok, I just read the thread you referenced. AIDE is still a free app and does build an APK on device, you only have to buy the paid version if you want additional abilities like publishing to Android Market. I did the following test with the free version and it built and ran fine:

Downloaded and extracted MyApp.zip to its own folder
Opened and compiled the project in AIDE
I initially received an out of heap memory error, but I increased my heap size to 48mb and tried again
The compiler then completed without any further error messages producing a final APK which installed and ran just fine

Last edited by Apxiundns on Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:40 pm 

I only suggested it because I see you guys using an x86 program to setup an Eclipse project only to compile it on a PC and download it back to your device. Compiling your BASIC! programs on device seems a little more efficient. It would only be useful for the more capable programmers though since it's still not a built-in single click process for the end user.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 am 

Quote:
The compiler then completed without any further error messages producing a final APK which installed and ran just fine

That's good news!
Makes it possible to write an apk builder directly in basic!
Anyway, this thread is about mougino's App Builder, if you wanna continue this discussion open a new thread in
"Questions or comments about BASIC!"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12