It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:04 am

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: RFO-BASIC! App Builder
Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:34 am 

okay I was able to compile my app using eclipse for mobile. I modified the manifest like sir paul suggested, I also modified the manifest in the bin folder. I compiled the app using api 16 but the manifest was modified for android 2.1... APP is for android 2.1
app was successfully compiled

Every tool used in the compilation is installed in c:\..\downloads excjept for JDK

I hope this helps :)

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:24 am 

Wow great godgrid, I think I can implement a "fix" in App Builder that will modify Manifest.xml before compiling (although it is not an App Builder problem per se).
To be exact: what SDK-min and SDK-target did you specify ? Did you do other changes to the manifest ?

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:01 am 

I used

android:minSdkVersion="7"
android:targetSdkVersion ="14"

for both manifest

although I installed api 16(latest) and api 7, and deleted api 14 in android sdk. Which might have solved the problem with app-builder??. I havent tried compiling my app with app-builder yet after I installed api 16.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:44 am 

I myself have API14 (and only it) installed, and App Builder works OK with source+data that otherwise fail (android:textCursorDrawable error) for someone else. I was thinking failure could come from coexistence of 2 Android APIs (in fact, more than 1) but now you tell me it works with API7+API16... I am installing API7 near my API14 now to see if it changes something... It can also be more complex and depend both on APIs installed in conjunction with minSDKversion and targetSDKversion of Manifest.. I am investigating

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:02 am 

Wow, impressive :D I replicated the "android:textCursorDrawable" error and build fails
This clearly comes from having API 7 + API 14 coexisting!

Removing API 7 and leaving API 14 will solve the issue (my environment before).
Replacing API 14 with API 16 while keeping API 7 will solve it too (godgrid's solution).

This is clearly a good direction of why App Builder fails sometimes! Thanks godgrid!

I will try a lot of different configurations and make a table of what APIs fail App Builder (to be more precise the Java compilation chain behind App Builder) and what APIs don't.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:13 pm 

Hi, I de-installed API14, so I've API15 and 16 left , but I still have the android:textcursorDrawable" error.What is next.
Byg

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:31 pm 

hi byg, try to keep only one API installed (15 or 16) and let us know

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:17 pm 

succes, after installing API16 by itself my app compile with no failure, thanks Mougino for staying with me on this, keep up the good work.
byg

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:13 pm 

Just an assumption. Try removing other apis and install only the latest (api 16). Then modify the manifest as instructed

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:18 pm 

Oops you already did. That means then that all needed apis are contained in the latest no matter what platform you are compiling your program to. lt all boils down to manifest modification.

Thanks for the support mougino

l hope this topic will fix compiling issues for those that have one :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next