Marc intend to use no absolute paths in BASIC! except in special places where someone can prove that it is necessary.
We can also read what Marc wrote in the v01.91 manual in "Paths explained".
You can try the example at http://rfobasic.freeforums.org/post35749.html?hilit=#p35749
But read the article about Android internal and external file folders.Cons of Absolute File Paths
* Not for BASIC! beginnersPros of Absolute File Paths
* Sooner or later you have to deal with absolute file paths, especially if you use external activities.
* Access to removable SD cards
* Using internal directories upon external directories or on removeable SD cards.
* I think this is not beginner code. /../../../../emulated/0/myDirectory
* If you simplify the calling of a special path, so it is an easy task to handle absolute paths.
We need more arguments for Cons of Absolute File Paths.
Who can help?