A lunchtime written app!
Entirely developed on my phone using BASIC! Compiler. No PC's where involved as they are "oh so 20th century".
The icon also was created on device using 'Simple Text', an icon creator available in the Play Store.
This is one for people that bury their head too low whilst using there device and gives a friendly POPUP reminder to use your device more at eye level every 5 minutes. It works in the background, and seems to work across other apps.
A very crude app I know, but I couldn't install the one I wanted from the Play Store as my device didn't support it... So why not make one?
Works on a very simple principle using the accelerometer sensor -- just looks for 'Yaw' on your phone. It should work in both portrait and landscape.
Further improvements to beef it up could be:-
• Data collection for statistics purposes.
• Probably a better algorithm for the sensors.
• A user configured timer. It's fixed at 5 minutes at the moment.
• Some way to know the phone is just in your pocket and not on use.
• A more elegant way to stop the app from the Notification window.
Work in progress for now... With a working concept...
I've uploaded it here as it's not yet good enough for an upload to the BASIC! depository. It could be short lived if it stays here as there's been some space saving culling by the freeforums.org people, which is fair enough...