It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:32 am

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Released BasicIDE V (0.83)
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:49 pm 

Hello Janusz,

I've downloaded NVDA and tried it, with BasicIDE.

As you have said it does not announce some Keys, nor the special Czech characters. Also it misses out on the Various Dialog boxes.

I do not have a Czech Keyboard, but I managed to Paste some Czech characters into the editor, which it displayed correctly, but I have no way to know if it does pronounce it correctly. So I have loaded some Hungarian (my mother tongue) characters, which displayed correctly, but the pronunciation was English. I don't think I can do anything about that, but maybe I am not using NVDA properly.

Regarding the special keys and dialog boxes in BasicIDE. There are Text To Speech commands in Basic!, but I have not worked with it yet, but I am willing to try it. Another possibility if the TTS does not work for this, is sounding some tones, but I don't think this will work very well.

One way or the other I need some guidance from you as to what you want to hear in each case, ie. when the Backspace is pressed, or the left arrow, etc. By the way I noticed that it pronounces both left and right arrows as line feed. On the other hand it does pronounce the line number OK.

Also it is not keeping up with my typing speed, which is pretty slow.

Anyhow, I am willing to investigate the possibilities, as long as I get some help from you. I can not promise, just try my best !

Regards
Bob

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:17 am 

Yes Bob. I have made typo, Czech republic. I Am from Brno, which is situated on The south of our country. 200 KM from our capital city Prague. Sure, I have renamed xxx.BAS to lover case letters. Thank you very much for yours complex work.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:48 pm 

Hi Bob,

heromedx wrote:
Hi Gregor,

I made the changes you suggested to BasicIdeLauncher.bas, then created the shortcut.

When I tried to run it, it gave me the following error: "Unfortunately Basic! has stopped.", and in the background I could see the "App Info" screen, which after a while disappeared.

Mysterious...

Regards
Bob

Under Android 5.1 and 6 always runs fine.
Under 4.21 I get trouble, too.
Maybe a little Java App instead of a second Basic! instance can fix this.

So what Android version do you use?
RAM > 512 MB?

Bests
Gregor

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:25 am 

I have constructive suggestion. I will not overload you with accessibility. Since it would require you to recode whole app. I will rather test other IDE features like sighted forum users. Because Rfo-basic console commands such as Select, Input, Print are fully accessible for me by using build in Explore by touch Android system service and thanks to Talkback screen reader. But please. Really, try to atleast do something with UTF support. I have also possibility to use Nicolas customized editor for Windows. Thank you very much for yours programmers work on this IDE. It would be super, if xxx.bas would be automatically killed to allow repetitive sending of program code to android device. But as you have tried with MR Tiemer, also this routine is not so easy as it seems to be. Also because it depend on version of RFO-basic which user will use on his device. Olibasic or official Rfo-basic available on Google play. For now, yours IDE has big advantage, that time delay between pressing F9 and time when code of app have been sent to connected device is fast. Sure, because yours IDE do not contain routine to detect, if Android device is connectedd by using USB cable or WIFI network.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:28 am 

Hi Janusz,

This is the reply to your message of the 17th, point by point.

1) UTF support. This is difficult. I have purchased TAdvMemo many years ago, at which time UTF support was not available.
The current version does support it but it costs 75 euros (110.00 Australian dollars).

2) Killing xxx.bas. This is not really necessary. When you run some basic code using BasicIDE, it appends the following lines to your program:
Code:
Tone 500,200
Notify "Tap to start again...", "","Tap to start again...",1
Run "XXX.BAS"

So when your program finishes it sounds a tone, and displays a notification. When you pull down the Notification, it will display, "Tap to start again...", and when you do, it restart xxx.bas, ands displays the "waiting..." message, so you can run the next iteration. Originally I used the BackKey to perform this, but I found that too many programs are using this key. I am still recking my brain to find a better solution
But with aFox's help, who is currently working on killing xxx.bas, and starting it again, we may arrive at a better solution...

3) BasicIDE DOES test that the Android is connected and that the Socket is Open. Unfortunately this is not always foolproof.

4) I have finished the test program for you, that sounds out the letters, numbers and special keys. It is VERY rudimentary, but it will give you an idea what can be done. More over you can record your own sounds, even in CZECH if you like.

Regards
Bob

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Released BasicIDE V (0.9)
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:10 am 

Hello Bob,

the coloring of the key words does not like the apostrophe at all !!!

Cheers

Gilles

PS: Did you abandon my proposal of functions and labels (with return) automatic bookmarked...? :)

Galaxy A3, 1280x720, Android 6.0.1

Last edited by Cassiope34 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:44 am 

Hi Bob,

Gilles wrote:
coloring of the key words

The "%" is also not recognized as a comment...

Regards
Emile

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:25 am 

I got version 0.9 under

http://heromed.com.au/BasicIDE-0-9.zip

Gregor

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:38 pm 

Gregor:
I got a Nexus 5 running Android 6.0.1.
Internal storage: 26.8 GB, Free 13.1 GB

Emile:
Will fix the %

Gilles:
1) I did not realise that any of the key words has an apostrophe. Could you give me an example ?
2) No I did not forget about the "Automatic bookmarks". But I was wandering if it might be better to have a popup list containing all Labels/Returns/Fn.def/Fn.end, and when one is selected, the cursor will be positioned on the appropriate line ? This way the program is not limited to a particular number of Bookmarks.

A question to all: I am not at all happy with the current way using notifications to restart xxx.bas. I find it cumbersome. (At least OliBasic displays an icon instead of just a blob). I am a "one tap" man myself. I liked using BackKey, but too many programs are using it. Any suggestion will be welcome.

Future improvements: (after all known bugs ironed out). This is a list of improvements that I jotted down for myself so far in no particular order of priority:
Zip file function in File Manager
Include "RUN" and "LOAD" submenu in File Manager, to run/load basic! programs stored on Android
Restore position and options for each edited file. Reload last edited file (there will be a LOT of files !)
MRU Menu
Abbreviate all user code before downloading, to be shorter, so running will be faster. I like using meaningful variables.
Automatically add bookmarks for every FN.DEF/Labels/etc or alternative
Options : Tab Size, Dark BackGround, Incremental backup when saving (Lot's of files)
Snippets for frequently used Basic! code. Ie. If/Else/Endif etc.
Pseudo code: Ie. *Del - function to delete from string *Del$(string$, start, NumberOfChars). Let your imagination go wild.
Declare variable types and change source code accordingly. Like: I : Number S : String. Ie. No $ sign necessary.

Code:
Input:
MyNumber : Number
MyString : String
Mynumber = 123
MyString = "Hello there"

Output:
Mynumber = 123
MyString$ = "Hello there"

Property sheet in file manager
PreProcessor
RASPI GPIO functions
Put help into an external file (SQLite ???)

Difficult:
Multi File Support (using Tabs)
Single Step
Display line no in case of errors, and position cursor
*Exec command: Ie. A$="print 12 * 12" : *Exec A$

I would take input from interested parties (No promises) for any other improvements and the priority of the above.

Regards to all
Bob

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:49 am 

heromedx wrote:
Gilles:
1) I did not realise that any of the key words has an apostrophe. Could you give me an example ?
2) No I did not forget about the "Automatic bookmarks". But I was wandering if it might be better to have a popup list containing all Labels/Returns/Fn.def/Fn.end, and when one is selected, the cursor will be positioned on the appropriate line ? This way the program is not limited to a particular number of Bookmarks.

Sorry for my bad english Bob :oops: :oops:

For the apostrophe it's the same as the Emile's remark about % : the colorisation stop when it see an apostrophe any where in the code (obviously there's no key words with an apostrophe ;) :) )

About a popup list containing all Labels/Returns/Fn.def/Fn.end : that's exactely what I proposed :) :)

Cheers

Gilles

Galaxy A3, 1280x720, Android 6.0.1

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next