It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:46 pm

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post subject: download from program help?
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:12 pm 

Hi,I want to download from within a program a txt file from my dropbox account. Can someone help me with a code snipet to do this?

I found a way to create a text file and will re upload manually unless you can offer a snipet for that also.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: download from program help?
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:37 am 

I think BASIC! can only send intents, and not receive them. I'm not 100% sure, but judging how you can't get error reporting from APP.START/SYSTEM.WRITE like you would using commands in a Terminal Emulator I think this is the case.

Mog

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:43 am 

Mog wrote:
I think BASIC! can only send intents, and not receive them. I'm not 100% sure, but judging how you can't get error reporting from APP.START/SYSTEM.WRITE like you would using commands in a Terminal Emulator I think this is the case.

Mog

With SYSTEM.READ is standard BASIC! limited able to receive data extras from intents.
Or you use APP.SAR in my test version. It is a test version :!:

Quote:
Hi,I want to download from within a program a txt file from my dropbox account.

But the underlying protocol of the Dropbox API is http.
For your first steps see:
https://www.dropbox.com/developers/documentation/http/documentation

So it is close to use HTML, BYTE ... commands and maybe JavaScript.
Search with Google with searchterm site:rfobasic.freeforums.org, too.

If would be nice, if you share your experiences and results with us.

Happy coding
Gregor

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:29 am 

Thank you both for replies. I will keep searching, will share what. I find am able to make here on this thread. Was only hoping it was already covered grounds, there may have been a standard function for use.

The idea is for an antivirus anti malware antiadware program. I want to be able to augment a text file with known bad file names upload it to my Dropbox, the file will serve as definitions for the program to delete if they exist. Have been brainstorming on a methods file to do deal with files that can't simply be deleated. Perhaps replacements for ads with a bitmap that said ads blocked then a text and binary parser antivirus. Just so sick of ads telling me what I like or need. I myself promise never to buy anything I see an ad for nor to endorse or use any software that contains them.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:24 am 

well I found a downloader example in the sample files. Here is what I made from looking at it. I'm sure it still needs tweaking. But I will share it. If you get it working repost.. well I tried to upload but it says not allowed? This is a code share forum?

Code:
!!"destination/path/filename.type"!!
file$="filename.type"
BYTE.OPEN r,fn,"http://Url/path"+"/"+file$
POPUP "file downloading...",0,0,1
BYTE.COPY fn,file$
POPUP "download finished",0,0,1
END

Report this post