It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:10 am

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post subject: Re: on console touch
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:25 am 

Mog wrote:
@Mike

Vac systems? Sperry? UNIX box thingy?

We had a Vac system at college but wasn't allowed to be touched by us electronic and engineering students for a reason I don't know... I wanted a go because bottom was falling out fast in the electronics industry in the mid 80s in the UK...

I don't know anything about "Vac systems". Yes it was Sperry Univac, part of a conglomerate. I think it also included New Holland agricultural machinery!

Univac got merged with Burroughs computer division and became Unisys. But I have no idea what sort of systems they went over to after I left in ~1974 (IIRC). They certainly had their own proprietary OSs when I was there, as did mainframe manufacturers generally. So I don't know if they ever went to Unix.

Mike.

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:23 pm 

Vac? Vax? I worked at CDC, right across the Minnesota River from Unisys, back in the late '70's, then for a few years in the '80's, VAXen were my life.

Mog, Autocad to CNC should have made you very, very popular in certain circles.
I have not figured out "Mog191"...

jMarc wrote:
I'll try to fix the manual to be clearer. There are four places where it says something about transferring control, all of them involving interrupt labels.
There are a lot more than four interrupt labels, though. And, much to my surprise, there was nothing that ever said exactly what an Interrupt Label is and what it does.

I'm not sure you'll like what I did, but it took me hours so I hope I made it better! I wrote a section on "Interrupt Labels", and I wrote all of the interrupt label descriptions as if you had read that section. The only alternative was to repeat a complicated description eleven times, some with variations (especially OnError).

- Marc

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:58 am 

jMarc wrote:
Vac? Vax? I worked at CDC, right across the Minnesota River from Unisys, back in the late '70's, then for a few years in the '80's, VAXen were my life.

I think I may have mentioned visiting Twin Cities (Minnesota/St Paul) in that decade. Being sent to Univac HQ (not Unisys, back then) was the reason. Also to Blue Bell Philadelphia, IIRC.

Mike.

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:37 am 

Yes, VAX.... So it was a DEC machine running UNIX... After a quick look on Wikipedia. Not a Vac! Sperry Gyroscope had its HQ in the town the college was in, so a complete mixup there!

I was quite proud of that AutoCAD project, although it only had a few commands, it could be easily added to. I still have a copy of that project today.

I guess you could say not a true "compiler" as written in GWBASIC but it produced the low level code for CNC.

The Mog191 is a bit of an unfair red herring - too abstract really to make sense... 191 is the catalogue number of the cat for the famous nightclub The Hacienda... That's all... I just thought I'd add it on for a laugh...

Back to the topic in hand, I'll look out for that then Marc in v1.90. I Googled " interrupt service routines" and when you click on images you get flow charts too!

Mog FAC191

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:01 am 

Dear developers,
Why this code do not work.
Print "Line 1"
Print "line2"

OnConsoleTouch:
Console.line.touched
ConsoleTouch.resume

More exactly, why Console.line.touched command generates syntax error warning. How can I make this command to work, so I will be able to test The value of
line_nvar variable to determine The number of console line which have been touched?

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:04 am 

Perhaps because something is missing Janus ;)
Code:
Console.line.touched <line_nvar> {, <press_lvar>}

After an OnConsoleTouch interrupt indicates the user has touched the console, this command returns information about the touch.

The number of the line that the user touched is returned in the <line_nvar>.

Cheers
Gilles

Galaxy A3, 1280x720, Android 6.0.1

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:25 am 

Dear developers,
Why this code do not work.
Print "Line1"
Print "line2"

OnConsoleTouch:
Console.line.touched

ConsoleTouch.resume

Why
Console.line.touched
Line cause Basic to display syntax error? How can I use this command correctly to determine, whych console line have been touched?

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:29 am 

I AM very sorry for second post. Because I have thought, that somebody have remove my post, because I could not read it inside forum.
I also have The manual. But how to correctly understand this command?

Console.line.touched line_nvar

Also cause syntax error.

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:40 am 

Hi Jan, try
Code:
Print "Line1"
Print "line2"
do
pause 1
until 0

OnConsoleTouch:
Console.line.touched t
print "user touched line ";t
ConsoleTouch.resume

Nicolas

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:58 am 

Oh yes,
Thank you dear Nicolas. In some cases, it is not very easy for me to determine when to use cycle and when no.
I have positive info for you.
Rfo-basic can really be used for visually impaired programmers. In many cases, visually impaired developers are forced to only work like a consultant with sighted developers. If GUI of some specific app is accessible for screen readers users. Thanks to Rfo-basic, there is real opportunity for blind developers to develop high quality apps. And this fact is making me extremely happy. So thank you dear Nicolas.