It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 3:41 pm



Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Old and new
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:26 pm
Posts: 49
Location: GA, USA
Old because of my milage in age and new because BASIC! is new to me. I go a long way back in coding and have written software professionally in several different languages. To mention a few: a range of BASICs, dBase, Pascal, Delphi, Visual Basic and C++. My favorite development environment was Delphi. It's available for Android, but with a price tag too high for just having fun and not making money with it. I hope to learn something on this forum about the secrets hiding in BASIC! ;)

_________________
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Old and new
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:31 am
Posts: 5518
Location: Paris, France
Welcome Yoshi !

Nicolas

_________________
- Creator of the Android BASIC! Compiler


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Old and new
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:16 pm
Posts: 1336
Wow Yoshi48, with all that experience it will be interesting to see what you come up with in RFO Basic

Regards Roy


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Old and new
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:26 pm
Posts: 49
Location: GA, USA
mougino wrote:
Welcome Yoshi !

Nicolas

Thank you for the welcome Nicolas.

_________________
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Old and new
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:26 pm
Posts: 49
Location: GA, USA
roy wrote:
Wow Yoshi48, with all that experience it will be interesting to see what you come up with in RFO Basic

Regards Roy

Some of that knowledge needs to be brought back to the surface again. ;) After installing the app, I was quite amazed about the quality of RFO Basic and exploring all of its possibilities is a lot of fun. Just wish I had more time.

_________________
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Old and new
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:15 am
Posts: 2185
Location: romania
Welcome Yoshy
I am also programing in Delphi, my favorite
right now i do the BEXGen RFO BASIC compiler for Win right in Delphi. Nice to have a friend who likes Delphi.
bexgen-the-rfo-basic-compiler-for-win-t4542-20.html
also did the BUIGen:
buigen-rfo-basic-ui-generator-is-up-t3861-110.html


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Old and new
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:26 pm
Posts: 49
Location: GA, USA
gikam wrote:
Welcome Yoshy
I am also programing in Delphi, my favorite
right now i do the BEXGen RFO BASIC compiler for Win right in Delphi. Nice to have a friend who likes Delphi.
bexgen-the-rfo-basic-compiler-for-win-t4542-20.html
also did the BUIGen:
buigen-rfo-basic-ui-generator-is-up-t3861-110.html

Hello gikam, thank you for the welcome! Very nice meeting another Delphi enthousiast. I will have to look into your Win compiler in the future. Due to circumstances I don't have a Windows computer available right now. :-( Both apps sound really interesting, I read both threads, and I'm sure you spent many hours of hard work creating them. Already looking forward to seeing the results of your Delphi work.

I'm still writing simple things in RFO BASIC, just to get an idea of what is possible. Every now and then I catch myself following the Pascal syntax and then being surprised why it's not working in RFO BASIC. LOL I'll get used to it, eventually.

_________________
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Old and new
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:15 am
Posts: 2185
Location: romania
Yoshi48 wrote:
gikam wrote:
Welcome Yoshy
I am also programing in Delphi, my favorite
right now i do the BEXGen RFO BASIC compiler for Win right in Delphi. Nice to have a friend who likes Delphi.
bexgen-the-rfo-basic-compiler-for-win-t4542-20.html
also did the BUIGen:
buigen-rfo-basic-ui-generator-is-up-t3861-110.html

Hello gikam, thank you for the welcome! Very nice meeting another Delphi enthousiast. I will have to look into your Win compiler in the future. Due to circumstances I don't have a Windows computer available right now. :-( Both apps sound really interesting, I read both threads, and I'm sure you spent many hours of hard work creating them. Already looking forward to seeing the results of your Delphi work.

I'm still writing simple things in RFO BASIC, just to get an idea of what is possible. Every now and then I catch myself following the Pascal syntax and then being surprised why it's not working in RFO BASIC. LOL I'll get used to it, eventually.

nice
u'll get used...
to not put ':' before '=' and not put ';' at end of line ... ;)
but don't forget to put them in Delphi.. ;)


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Old and new
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:26 pm
Posts: 49
Location: GA, USA
Yeah, I know what you mean... :lol: I do have a small app on my tablet, PascalGUI, basically a GUI around Free Pascal, that I like too. I switch back and forth since I'm using RFO-Basic and that doesn't help...

_________________
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Old and new
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:47 am
Posts: 56
Since you have the DOSBox and TC language in your possession I'll give you one of my own to keep for a memory of the golden days.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/95w33h9spa19iah/offlineo

___
Borland Turbo C 2.01 source inlined with Borland Turbo Assembler 4.1 source. To be compiled with Borland's propriety copyrighted compiler from circa 1987, 1988, etc.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
suspicion-preferred