It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Graphic Controls Generator/Handler
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:32 am 

Downloaded latest version and now getting following error in form loop
Index#1(2) exceeds dimension(1) at:
gr.modify dattxtobj,"text",caps$[2]

I tried removing all mods in the loops with no difference. So nothing but touchcheck really going on.

Any ideas ?

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:21 pm 

Just had a quick look and tried to identify the line causing the error and noticed that you might get this error if the old bcBREAK$ ("#" hash) was used.

With version v1.03 I changed the various "break" characters as mentioned in previous post as use of the hash character was causing problems with the ListView style control when the lines of text being displayed contained hash characters.

Did you update your break characters? See GraphicControlsTestBed.bas for examples of the use of the various break characters.

Sorry if this change caused problems but with the new break characters allow the use of all keyboard entered characters in text fields.

Let me know if that was not the problem.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:22 pm 

That will be it thanks!

I read the update and thought the change only applied to ListView, even looked at GraphicsControlsTestBed.bas for syntax changes, but did not look hard enough.

Thanks again for the quick help with this.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:44 am 

Tommy wrote:
Hi Jeff,
i was playing around with your code and found a bug in the calendar-object.

Hi, I downloaded latest version but didn't find any calendar object in the test harness.. have i missed something?
Here is a screenshot of what I see on my Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, it kinda looks like the screen is truncated..

Many thanks if anyone has feedback or sees a different test harness on his phone.

Attachments:
screenshot_2012-01-18_1143.png
screenshot_2012-01-18_1143.png [ 85.99 KiB | Viewed 811 times ]

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:27 am 

Only when a Date control is clicked will the Calendar object appear. Unfortunately, as you
suspected, the display is truncated and several controls at the bottom of the display (which
includes the Date control) are not showing.
I hope I've fixed this ready for next release but in the meantime you could apply the same fix to the
existing code as follows:
1) Find the following code (should be about 16 lines below end of first block of comments):
if ScreenWidth<840 then
FrmScale=840/ScreenWidth
else
FrmScale=1
endif
2) Change the two 840 values to read 1280.
3) Save and Run.
Hope this helps.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:56 am 

Thanks Jeff, I am able to see the calendar object by modifying the two 840 values to 1280. It still seems the screen is a little too narrow though, here is what I can see now : can you tell me all the controls are there, and only the lowest lines of pixels, at the bottom of the screen, donot appear ?

Attachments:
screenshot_2012-01-18_1253.png
screenshot_2012-01-18_1253.png [ 75.38 KiB | Viewed 806 times ]

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 am 

Yes all the control are showing - just a few lower borders missing.
Maybe the scaling factor calculation needs refining to take into account the screenheight and not just the screenwidth.
i.e: Something like the following -
Code:
     ! Existing code
     if screenwidth<1280 then
       FrmScale=1280/screenwidth
     else
       FrmScale=1
     endif
     ! New code to be added
     if screenhieght<752 then
      tmpscale=752/screenheight
      if FrmScale>tmpcale then
       FrmScale=tmpscale
      endif
     endif

The 1280 and 752 numbers are the screen size of the device the test bed was designed on.
The blank area on the right handside is not blank in the next release so it needs to be visible.

This is still not the perfect scaling method as I ran the test bed on a screen size of 800 x 480 and although it all fitted on the screen it was a bit too small to be easily useable and I'm guessing that something designed on a 800 x 600 device would result in controls that look too big when scaled up to a 1280 x 752 device.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:50 am 

Hi Jeff,
it's me again ;-). I tried the calendar-control and it works fine now! Thanks for your changes!

But now there is a little "problem" with your new tool "SourceViewer". I tried to use it on my Motorola Defy for "extractng" the functions i want to use but it is not possible to work with it on the small display. The resolution of my device is ok (854x480) but the screen itself it's definitly to small and for me it's not possible to select anything on the screen. I know that it's not really a "bug" in the program but have you an idea how i can change your code so that i can use it on my device?
I was thinking about to write auch program for my PC that will work like your BASIC! program so that i can do it on my computer and transfer the extractet code back to my Defy. But i have not the time i would need to do so. Maybe "somtetime in the future" ;-).
If you have any idea how i can solve this "problem", i would be glad.

Thanks
Tommy

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:47 pm 

Just uploaded version 1.04 of GraphicsControls.bas.
As mentioned in changes list, the SourceViewerdisplay size has been reworked in anattempt to make it useable on smaller screens. It it's still too small, let me know.

!*** v1.04 Changes
!*** * Added new Style - bcMULTSEL$. Applies only to a ListBox control with the style bcCHECKBOX$ and allows
!*** multiple lines to be checked. Default is now to allow only one line to be checked. Previously there
!*** was no control on how many lines were checked.
!*** * Changed orientation of arrows on SpinButton control buttons.
!*** * Added new Style - bcHHMMONLY$. Causes Time control (see below) to show just Hours and Minutes fields.
!*** * Added new Control - bcFRMTIME. Operates like SpinButton allowing Hours, Minutes and/or Seconds fields
!*** to be adjusted. Note - Width of Control is automatically set allow for required number of fields
!*** (i.e.: Middle + {6 or 7 * Height} - where Middle can be zero if no Caption required).
!*** * Removed Control Style bcLISTONLY$ as it was the default style on Select control and not used.
!*** * Added new Control - bcFRMCOMBOBOX. if Control Style bcALLOWNEW$ specified then new entries can be added,
!*** Default is not to allow new entries. Press down arrow to display drop down list (or drop "up" list if
!*** control to close to bottom of screen). Press Data area to add new entry when allowed (i.e.: style
!*** bcALLOWNEW$ specified). Drop Down list will auto size for up to max of 10 entries. If more than 10 entries
!*** a vertial scroll bar will be added to list display to enable values to be scrolled.
!*** * Added clip command to Data text draw routine to stop long text values being drawn outside of control
!*** boundary. Apples to bcFRMDISPLAY, bcFRMSTRING, bcFRMTEXT, bcFRMSELECT, bcFRMDATE, bcFRMSPINBUTTON and
!*** bcFRMCOMBOBOX controls only. For Caption texts and other controls any problems should probably be
!*** removed during the form design process.
!*** If the data area on control types bcFRMSTRING, bcFRMTEXT, bcFRMSELECT and bcFRMCOMBOBOX is pressed
!*** for at least half a second then a standard popup will appear showing the complete data value.
!*** * Reworked SourceViewer.bas display size in an attempt to make it useable on screens smaller than
!*** 1270 x 752.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:12 pm 

See attached screen shot for details of what the v1.04 TestBed screen should look like. It should scale to fit different screen sizes but that may result in it being a bit too small to be user (finger) friendly.
Attachment:
PicsArt_1326990560117.png
PicsArt_1326990560117.png [ 68.46 KiB | Viewed 770 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next