It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Graphic Controls Generator/Handler
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:46 am 

Hi Jeff,

i was playing around with your code and found a bug in the calendar-object.
First i though it was because of my changes but after i tested it with the original
code i got the same misstakes.

When you change the month forward or backward then the diplay of the days in the grid
will not cleared before you write the new days auf the selected month to the grid. So you
have somtimes days before the first day or you have a 31 even when the month has only 30
day. It woulb be good when you can fix ist. I looked in your code but didn't find it quick.

Wish you (and all other member of this forum) a merry x-mas and a happy new year.

Tommy

Btw. is there a way to find out in the calendar when the cancel button is pressed ?
You have 3 possibilities with the buttons
1.) you changed the date and press ok
2.) you do not change the date and press ok to select the shown date without changes
3.) you press cancel to not select any date
how can i do this with your calendar ?

So, this will be enough for this year ;-)
Hope to "hear" you soon

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:42 am 

Thanks for feedback.
I'll fix Calendar problems. I already have a new version nearly ready - mainly bug fixes but also includes a new sample program to allow a subset of the Graphic Controls to be selected thus reducing the include size (as requested).
What with Christmas activities taking up a lot of time together with various liquid refreshments imparing my development skills it may take a week or so.
Cheers.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:02 pm 

Hi Jeff,

How is the new update going?

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:29 am 

Sorry for delay - been away on a long break - no development - just relaxing and reading.

About the Calendar Cancel button.

At present the TouchCheck routine scans for a "click" on all form controls. If a click is detected, the appropriate control processing is done. If as a result of this processing the controls data value (and/or caption value) is changed then the routine returns to the calling code so any specific processing can be performed if required. Buttons always cause a return.

Once a button is clicked indicating the user thinks that the form data is complete, the calling routine can then query (via GetCtrlData$ and GetCtrlCap$ calls) all the form control values, and process them accordingly doing things like checking data integrity, storing data, etc. Thus the TouchCheck currently only returns when a control value changes, a button is pressed or a TimeOut occurs.

If the Cancel or the OK button (with unchanged value) is pressed on the Calendar then the Calendar Data Value remains unchanged and the TouchCheck routine will not return to the calling routine and continue checking for further clicks.

Not sure as to what change you require. Can you explain further how you would use the three possibilities you describe?

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:19 am 

Sounds great, Jeff.

Two questions - have you considered a time picker? Also, is there a way to remove the borders from dialogs so they aren't so similar to those of Windows? I can get buttons less Windows like by removing the border but didn't see a similar option for the dialogs.

Re calendars, an option to remove borders there would be great as well!

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:59 am 

Great work with this add-on for BASIC!

Two questions
1. Is there a way to stop text extending past the end of the control border ? Maybe put ... at the end and if selected show the entire text

2. Is it possible to add another style option to the bcFRMSELECT control that if you pressed the text area it would put all the items into a SELECT list and the item selected would be displayed or if back pressed no change.

The reason for this is that with a large list of options its much easier to see them in SELECT form than scrolling thru one at a time.

I am currently using the LISTONLY style with the following code to simulate what I am requesting.

Code:
! data$[] contains the same items as the ctrlSelect
sw.case ctrlSelect
   select which,data$[],"Select Option"
   rc=ModCtrlData(ctrlSelect,data$[which],1)
   sw.break

Thanks

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:09 am 

Just uploaded new (overdue?) version of controls - v1.03
Not sure if some of the satisfy the requests that prompted them - let me know if this is the case.
Also let me know if you don't agree with a change, you find a bug or you have suggestion/request.
Thanks

!*** v1.03 Changes
!*** * Calendar now adopts Border style of the Date control invoking the Calendar display. If the Date control
!*** has the style bcNOBORDER$ then no border will be drawn round the Calendar.
!*** * The bcNOBORDER$ style can now be added the MsgBox$ Buttons$ string to stop a Border being drawn round the
!*** Message Box (e.g.: rc$=MsgBox$("Message String",bcOKONLY$+bcINFORMATION$+bcNOBORDER$,"TitleString")
!*** * Added new "FrmScale" parameter to StartNewForm Function (i.e: StartNewForm(pDateSize,pSound$,pFrmScale).
!*** This parameter is used to size form controls to suit different screen resolutions (e.g.: setting value
!*** to 1 will leave all sizes as defined and setting value to 2 will half all sizes). A simple way of
!*** setting this value is to divide the ScreenWidth the form was designed to fit by the ScreenWidth of
!*** the device the program is running on. Thus if a form designed to fit a screenwidth of 1280 is run on a
!*** device with a screenwidth of 800 - value should be set to 1.6 (1280/800). Reminder: the Caption value of
!*** ListBoxes with the ListView style contains column widths and these will need corrected manually.
!*** Search sample code below for examples of using the FrmScale value.
!*** * Bug Fix - Corrected Calendar Day Number display (previous Day Numbers not cleared before new Day
!*** Numbers drawn.
!*** * Bug Fix - Wrong variable used as path in draw picture routine which prevented pictures not in the
!*** default data folder being loaded.
!*** * Bug Fix - Column Headings on Listbox-Listview were displayed one column to right.
!*** * Changed string "Break" characters to use non-typeable characters, bcRECBREAK$ is now the Registered
!*** Symbol "(R) chr$(174)", bcCOLBREAK$ is the Copyright Symbol "(c) char$(169)" and bcFLDBREAK$ is the
!*** Middle Top Dot (chr$(183)). This was done mainly to stop strings containing "#" characters causing
!*** problems.
!*** * Added new sample program - SourceViewer.bas. Apart from being an example of multiple form usage it
!*** also serves two purposes. One, it will check nesting levels and reformat Basic! source files with
!*** variable indenting and two, if the GraphicControls.bas file is loaded it can be used to create a
!*** customised version containing just the required selected routines. The Core Components should always
!*** be selected. Warning - it can/will take a few minutes for the GraphicControls.bas to be loaded (currently
!*** around 3500 lines).
!*** * Changed Frame disable action. All controls within frame are still grayed out (by altering alpha setting)
!*** but the frame itself is not. This as done because if the frame was on top of other controls, these other
!*** controls became visible behind the frame while it was disabled which looked a bit odd.
!*** * Various tweaks.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:20 am 

I look into adding a TimePicker control.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:41 am 

I think I can stop data text extending beyond control boundary. Not sure about displaying whole field when selected as that normally invokes any control value processing. Under windows I would have used a "mouse over" or right mouse click to show additional info. The only thing I can think of using here is a long "touch" followed by a touch anywhere on screen to close text display.

I think rather than rework the Select control it might be better to add a new ComboBox type control. The Select control was added as a simple way of reproducing a combobox type action, it did not take up to much screen space and at the time I was not sure if I could code a "real" combobox type control. Maybe that's changed now I know a bit more about Basic! - I'll see what I can do.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:50 pm 

wow, thanks Jeff!

really like your idea for creating custom includes

got some playing to do

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next