It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 12:13 pm

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Graphic Controls Generator/Handler
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:18 pm 

Hi Jeff,

Any chance you can make it possible for the statusbar to be shown? The gr.statusbar command has been deprecated. The option is now part of the gr.open command, with a value of 0 hiding it and a value of 1 showing it.

Thanks in advance!

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:20 am 

I assume you mean adding another parameter to the InitGraphics(pAlpha,pColor,pOrientation) function to handle the StatusBar setting. Sounds simple so it should be in next release coming soon - needs a bit more testing.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:47 am 

Just added the StatusBar parameter.
Ran a quick test and found it makes no difference at all on my ASUS Transformer TF101.
Is that the expected result for my machine? I read the forum entries for the requested StatusBar change so I think it seem to device dependent whether it works or not.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:00 am 

Just uploaded a new version into the GraphicControls folder. All 3 Graphic files have changed. The Calculator
has one change to incorporate the new ShowTitleBar option.
With this version my to-do List is empty so maybe future releases will just be bug fixes assuming I don't get
some more ideas.

v1.02 Changes
# Added new parameter to InitGraphics function Show/Hide TitleBar - two new constants defined
bcSHOWTITLEAR and bcHIDETITLEBAR. As stated in an earlier post this option seems to have no effect
on my machine (ASUS Transformer TF101) - maybe I missed something.
# Added new MsgBox$ style - bcCUSTOM$ = "m". If specified then the Title string will assumed to be in
the form of a "#" seperated list consisting of the MsgBox$ Title followed by 1 to 3 Button captions.
Examples: "Letter Options#Create#Edit#Cancel", "Print Copies#1#2#3", "Help#Close".
The MsgBox$ function will return the displayed caption of the button pressed as usual.
# Added new ListBox style - bcHIDEGRID$ = "g". Turns OFF grid lines - Default is ON (this can easily be
changed in a future release if a default of "HIDEGRID" prefered).
# Added new constant - bcFLDBREAK$ = "|". Used to split a record into field values.
# Added new constant - bcSUBBREAK$ = "^". Used to split a field into part values.
# Added new ListBox style - bcLISTVIEW$ = "v". Enables listbox data to be displayed in Columns Left,
Centre or Right aligned. Listview style requires same listbox caption format as other styles
(i.e.: "Caption#Data1#Data2#Data3#....") but enhanced as follows:
The Caption entry is enhanced to hold the column definitions
(e.g.: "Caption" changes to "Caption|coln^nnn^a|coln^nnn^a|coln^nnn^a"
for a three column display where "coln" is the Column Name, "nnn" is the column Width in pixels and
"a" is the column alignment - 1=Left, 2=Centre, 3=Right).
The Line values are enhanced to indicate column Field values -
(e.g.: "Data1" changes to "Da|t|a1" to break value into 3 parts "Da", "t" and "a1").
Listview style also impacts on GetCtrlData$, function will return column number clicked on followed
by selected line value -
(e.g.: "2#Da|t|a1" indicates second column "t" was clicked).
# Added new control type bcFRMSHAPE. The control caption indicates what shape is to be drawn. Caption
should be set to "Line", "Rect", "Oval" or "Circle". The Top, Left, Width and Height
parameters define the shapes size. For a circle which ever is the smaller of the Width and Height will
define the diameter of the circle. Shapes are drawn using the caption Text colour. The Font size
parameter sets the line thickness - defaut setting is 1.
# Added new constant - bcSHAPEFILL$. Causes drawn shape to be filled with the caption background colour.
# Reworked ModCtrlCap and ModCtrlData functions to work properly with all controls. Captions and Data
can now be altered using these commands. The ModCtrlCap function updates a controls title area and data
selection area for controls that that have selection data in the caption string. The ModCtrlData updates
the selected data value for a control.
Press two new test buttons to see effect. For Picture control press the "Edit" button which now calls
the ModCtrlData function to change picture with the DataValue$ set to name of picture. Path should not
be included in picture name as the path specified in the DrawForm function will be used.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:10 am 
Site Admin

I have been playing with the Calculator. I am very impressed with what you have been able to wring out of my little Basic interpreter. I runs very nicely on my Color Nook.

I have been working on a problem where one user can not get the program entirely loaded into the Editor. I had the java code count the number of Basic code lines including all the Includes in Calculator. There were nearly 4000 line of Basic code. That represents a lot of work.

I have also encountered the orientation issues that have been discussed here. I am baffled by the inconsistent results. I will be looking into it now that I have working example of the problem.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:09 pm 

The status bar option works great! Thanks!

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:45 pm 

do you have an empty to-do-list?
maybe i can help... :P

i am not sure if its possible yet but whats about
an option to drag/move and to resize a frame
and automatically all of its content...
that will be the junction to my windows frame sample...

oliver

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:59 pm 

Thanks for the feedback.

Had a quick look at moving controls around the screen and it seems that without a lot of work it's not currently possible. All I currently store at the moment are the "outside" co-ordinates of each control as supplied in the oriiginal AddControl definition. In order to move things around I would have to store full details (type, co-ordinates, etc) of every graphic object/text used draw each control which depending on the control can be quite a long list. Many of these co-ordinates are calculated just before any drawing takes place. I think someone requested a sort of reverse gr.modify function which would allow the current values of a graphic object to be queried. Maybe if such a function was available it would make things a lot easier.

In the meantime I'll get back to my picture indexing project, it's been a while since I last worked on it.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:23 pm 

Hi!
Your controls are fantastic! For a moment i thought i was in windows...
You've done a very nice and professional job. Congrats!

I was wondering if you could split your program in several independent pieces,
e.g. messagebox, inputbox, filebox ecc. so if someone wants to use just one or two controls he simply pastes the code to his program. I wouldn't feel good to include an 80k program in a 5 or 10k program just to use one or two controls especially when i have to compile it...

Regards, Antonis

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:36 am 

I could split the GraphicControls.bas into different sections - not sure how many at the moment but could be as many as 10 (e.g.: Core Processing, ListBox Control, MsgBox$, Calendar Control, Text Controls, Button Controls, etc.).
This split could be either be in the form of 10? separate Includes orin the form of one Include (as it is at the moment) with clearly marked sections that people could edit and delete the sections not required. As the includes are just a series of function calls a standard syntax error should be raised if a reference is made to a function not included or deleted.
Maybe both formats could be supplied, has anybody got a preference or an alternative solution?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next