It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:46 am

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Calorie Confessor Food Diary
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:26 am 

Chris, if you want a "cterp" post edited, either post what you'd like done, or put it in a PM. Either Nicolas or I can edit for you. (Or Paul or Antonis, I forget if there's anybody else.)

Unfortunately I don't know what to do about the cterp account. I can't see anything wrong, so I can't fix it.

- Marc

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:21 pm 

Thank Marc,

All fixed now. I think the captcha feature was giving me problems beforen in Opera.

It works on my cell phone too now which is great.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:39 pm 

It's going to take me some time, but I am working on a zippier version that just has basic features. I cut out about 30% of the .BAS code and about half of the html and it has almost no resources (it uses UTF-8 character for icons). It launches much faster on my Samsung J3.

I do seem to have an odd problem with exiting the app but just when I first install a new apk. I am not sure if it is sticking when it is closing the SQLITE database. The problem seems to go away after awhile.

Attachments:
2016-10-04 16.02.48.jpg
2016-10-04 16.02.48.jpg [ 37.88 KiB | Viewed 428 times ]

Last edited by cterp on Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Report this post

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:44 pm 

I feel a little guilty charging $0.99 for this, but I would like to give my dedicated beta testers some pocket change.

The only problem I seem to have with it right now is that the UTF-8 icons are unfortunately not universal... The keyboard icon character only seems to show up on Samsung phones. It also probably won't work on Intel devices since I used Nicolas' compiler. On the other hand the apk is a lean, mean 399kb!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... riecounter

I started using it myself and am pleased that it launches much faster. Even more so if you put it in the background using your Home button.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:31 am 

I found that the major bottleneck for launching was rendering the html table so instead I switched it to a button table and it loads much faster

Attachments:
Screenshot_20161010-072612-480x853.png
Screenshot_20161010-072612-480x853.png [ 68.3 KiB | Viewed 338 times ]
Report this post

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:44 am 

I think my weight loss is back on track again. I bought a cheap fitbit knock-off on Amazon for $13 and am having good results with it along with my app. I have to do a bit more weight lifting but I am feeling better:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F7 ... &psc=1

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:57 pm 

Nice article about the pros and cons of calorie counting:
http://blog.microsofthealth.com/2015/11 ... -it-works/

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:34 pm 

I think I had a breakthrough in fixing the background HOME mode. I avoided using the BACKGROUND() function
entirely. The latest apk and source are on the FTP server.

It does act a bit flakey though when I first install the apk... Strangely it seems like HOME causes the app to exit instead of going to the background and when I do try to exit it using the BACK key it locks the app with a blank screen. All of these problems go away though once I kill the app task and relaunch...Not sure if it's something I am doing wrong in my .BAS or a quirk in the apk.

It's really nice having it available immediately for daily use. Cold starts are still reasonably fast too and the APK has shrunken considerably (see graph)

Attachments:
2016-10-18 23.09.44.jpg
2016-10-18 23.09.44.jpg [ 38.14 KiB | Viewed 198 times ]
Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:42 pm 

I was still having problems with crashing while coming out of HOME mode but I think it may have been because the main program loop was eating up memory. I stuck it inside its own function plus turned off HW acceleration and things seem more stable.

I may not update the ftp server again for quite awhile, so if you are interested in trying out the latest versions, download from the Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... fo.speakcc

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:27 pm 

Perhaps because I still have a little mild brain damage I continue to miss the obvious: It just occurred to me that I could use the Heap memory switch in the rfo-compiler. I assume that it will allocate more resources for SQLITE operations too so maybe this will solve some of my crashing issues. Anyways the latest version is on the ftp server and will be published overnight on the Play Store.

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next