It's going to take me some time, but I am working on a zippier version that just has basic features. I cut out about 30% of the .BAS code and about half of the html and it has almost no resources (it uses UTF-8 character for icons). It launches much faster on my Samsung J3.
I do seem to have an odd problem with exiting the app but just when I first install a new apk. I am not sure if it is sticking when it is closing the SQLITE database. The problem seems to go away after awhile.
2016-10-04 16.02.48.jpg [ 37.88 KiB | Viewed 443 times ]
Last edited by cterp on Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I feel a little guilty charging $0.99 for this, but I would like to give my dedicated beta testers some pocket change.
The only problem I seem to have with it right now is that the UTF-8 icons are unfortunately not universal... The keyboard icon character only seems to show up on Samsung phones. It also probably won't work on Intel devices since I used Nicolas' compiler. On the other hand the apk is a lean, mean 399kb!
I think my weight loss is back on track again. I bought a cheap fitbit knock-off on Amazon for $13 and am having good results with it along with my app. I have to do a bit more weight lifting but I am feeling better:
I think I had a breakthrough in fixing the background HOME mode. I avoided using the BACKGROUND() function entirely. The latest apk and source are on the FTP server.
It does act a bit flakey though when I first install the apk... Strangely it seems like HOME causes the app to exit instead of going to the background and when I do try to exit it using the BACK key it locks the app with a blank screen. All of these problems go away though once I kill the app task and relaunch...Not sure if it's something I am doing wrong in my .BAS or a quirk in the apk.
It's really nice having it available immediately for daily use. Cold starts are still reasonably fast too and the APK has shrunken considerably (see graph)
2016-10-18 23.09.44.jpg [ 38.14 KiB | Viewed 213 times ]
I was still having problems with crashing while coming out of HOME mode but I think it may have been because the main program loop was eating up memory. I stuck it inside its own function plus turned off HW acceleration and things seem more stable.
Perhaps because I still have a little mild brain damage I continue to miss the obvious: It just occurred to me that I could use the Heap memory switch in the rfo-compiler. I assume that it will allocate more resources for SQLITE operations too so maybe this will solve some of my crashing issues. Anyways the latest version is on the ftp server and will be published overnight on the Play Store.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum