It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:52 am

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Calorie Confessor Food Diary
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:42 pm 

Ooops! Sorry Nicolas! I guess being a Christopher makes me assume everyone has more h's lol

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:29 pm 

Should reach our first 1000 downloads in about two weeks

Attachments:
Screenshot 2016-07-08 16.25.40.png
Screenshot 2016-07-08 16.25.40.png [ 146.95 KiB | Viewed 616 times ]
Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:39 pm 

Made it to 1000+! Thanks everybody!

Attachments:
2016-07-17 00.08.22.png
2016-07-17 00.08.22.png [ 170.2 KiB | Viewed 552 times ]
Report this post

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:30 pm 

Wow! The corporate culture at Weight Watchers really stinks! I finally broke down and showed them my app configured for points.
The manager couldn't believe how much better it was than theirs.. especially when using the "PLUS" keyword to join items.

So my feelings is to still keep this open source in order to iron out anything I miss and get as many people as I can to fix it and get new features.
The WW model seems to be to keep everything a secret and plod along and ignore new ideas until it becomes absolutely impossible not to change.
I don't necessarily mind finding innovations that they can use, but at they rate they go I will always be one step ahead of the game...plus I know my own code better than
they do :)

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:34 pm 

I am still scoping out the competition for our app and tried this one today:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... x.nixtrack

It has really cool voice recognition and outstanding parsing features but the problem is it is still pretty cumbersome
to use I think. For one thing it's pretty clumsy to use with STT. It is also a little slow to launch unless it is residing in the background.

I decided to try to keep my app in the HOME state since I use it quite a bit during the day and get very frustrated when it
launches slow.

The only problem is that when I first install the apk I get a weird "HTML not previously closed" error when it comes out of background().. but then it stops after I use it for a couple minutes... I will try to fix that before I publish it on the Play Store, but for myself I am enjoying superzippy launches now.

At any rate, the latest and greatest apk and source code are on the ftp server.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:17 pm 

The beta is already on the ftp server, but the next release will have "frownies" to mark your bad foods..

Hopefully things will be backward compatible with the old fruit and veggie lists since I switched to using bundles for them instead of
just string lists.

Attachments:
frownies.jpg
frownies.jpg [ 53.91 KiB | Viewed 370 times ]
Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:46 pm 

Very interesting article on machine learning and weight loss... now I know I am going to start tracking my sleep.

http://hn.premii.com/#/article/12279415

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:04 am 

cterp wrote:
http://laughton.com/basic/programs/applications/Calorie%20Confessor/

Oh well, this program hasn't overtaken Lose It! or Myfitnesspal on my Play page as I'd hoped :D , so I thought I'd throw it out
in the public domain..

It's a Google Speech based calorie counting app. I have been using it for a couple months and I've found it pretty handy
for watching my diet.

It may take some getting used to using the commands.. I tried to choose words that google speech to text wouldn't confuse too much. Also
google speech recognition might take some time to train on your voice (you also need an active Wifi or mobile internet connection to use it)

I think the coolest feature it has is that is autoexits pretty fast. (you can also turn autoexit off if you want to loop) This way
you can quickly enter your food on the go.

See the help file or say HELP for the list of commands.

It will also graph your weight, daily calories and has an archive function to display most frequent foods.

There are probably a lot of things that can be done more efficiently so if anyone spots some better ways to do things let me know.

Hi Chris, the link in your first post points to a 404 page not found ;)

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:29 pm 

Sorry Nicolas-

Yes I have been meaning to fix that link. Unfortunately I still seem to be locked out of my original cterp account. I think I have access to it on my wife's iPad though so maybe I can fix it from there.

I made a lot of QWERTY type mistakes in making this app and will probably release an entirely new (maybe paid) version someday that will fix many of my silly mistakes (using /Calorie Confessor as the data directory for instance and not including the weight log in the SQLITE database)

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:38 am 

I put version 3.35 on the ftp server. I fixed the graph tics, added a couple sound effects and compiled it with rfo-compiler and published it as beta version
on the Play store. It apparently won't work with Intel chip-based phones but seems ok for most phones. I will see if it upgrades my beta testers properly.

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next