It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: BUIGen - RFO BASIC UI Generator is up
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:14 pm 

@gika and @RSA

Is it evtl. useful to save the screen with the inactive gr. elements at the first run with
Gr.screen.to_bitmap <bm_ptr_nvar> or Gr.save <filename_sexp> (I recommend png.)?
In accord to the Android documents should loading from a file be so fast as loading from memory.
Sorry, if I have overlooked something.
Later you have only to load a ready scaled background with the inactive elements and the (inter)active elements if they are needed.
In my opinion this saves effort and execution time. Time for graphical touch feedback.
I'm thinking about an animated transparent GIF or PNG file with circles.
You know, throwing a stone in the water!

See also post25559.html#p25559

Happy coding
Gregor

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:56 pm 

Hi aFox,

aFox wrote:
Later you have only to load a ready scaled background with the inactive elements
and the (inter)active elements if they are needed.
In my opinion this saves effort and execution time. Time for graphical touch feedback.

I can not speak for Giks. His BUIGEN is still in baby shoes and I am sure he is aware of
all the tricks etc. He is not handling/managing the Display List yet with a display list Array[].
Once that is done, if the people wants it, then I do not think what you suggest is the way to go.
If I understand you correctly when you refer to the "circles in the pond" then
that is another story and you are then crossing into animation for gaming.
Then the master bitmap will be loaded and cropped to the required sprites
and stored in memory for display when needed. But BUIGEN is not for gaming, it
is for generation of code for a Graphical User Interface. Without a tool like this
the programmer is stuck to calculate all coordinates by hand for this.

I think what Giks is asking the readers is to speak up and produce a programming framework
that they prefer. Then he has an indication of what his generated code should look like
so as to please as many as possible. Currently he has just put something on the table for
negotiation. With a framework I mean that every programmer has his own style of programming.
Thus you must demonstrate your style so that Giks can evaluate what people wants.

Regards
Emile

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:02 pm 

Sorry this one slipped by:
Giks wrote:
i think, for the first, to export BUIGen objects. agree?

Yes.
I think the people that wants to use this feature is most probably only interested
in your coordinates. May be they use the frameworks from Humpty or Jeff?

Regards
Emile

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:34 pm 

Hi Gika

Sometimes when you put an upDown button on a form it looks ok, in the editor, but when you save the bas and run it on you device it shows as a black rectangle.

If you go back into the editor and change it's colour save and run the bas it is ok, but if you change the colour back to the default then it just shows as a black rectangle again.

Roy
Attachment:
Screenshot_2015-12-15-06-15-04.png
Screenshot_2015-12-15-06-15-04.png [ 33.19 KiB | Viewed 281 times ]

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:10 am 

Hi Gika

A Basic Calculator using your editor. Looks and runs well. ;)

Roy
Attachment:
BasicCalculator_all.zip [2.66 KiB]
Downloaded 18 times

Attachment:
calculator.png
calculator.png [ 38.19 KiB | Viewed 272 times ]

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:15 am 

Nice Roy, :D

Certainly you never give up! 8-)
Can you give some tips to Giks for what you liked and what not?
He needs the input to make it better :idea:
If he bites you I will bite him back :lol:

Regards
Emile

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:33 am 

RSA wrote:
If he bites you I will bite him back

Yes, sadly I've not got Diesel now for protraction :cry:

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:48 am 

aFox wrote:
@gika and @RSA

Is it evtl. useful to save the screen with the inactive gr. elements at the first run with
Gr.screen.to_bitmap <bm_ptr_nvar> or Gr.save <filename_sexp> (I recommend png.)?
In accord to the Android documents should loading from a file be so fast as loading from memory.
Later you have only to load a ready scaled background with the inactive elements and the (inter)active elements if they are needed.

Happy coding
Gregor

U can save the screen as you want. But I recommend using a much better graphical editor (like Paint) to create your bitmap file, then use it in your app, or add it as a single bitmap object in BUIGen

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:54 am 

aFox wrote:
@gika and @RSA

Happy coding
Gregor

Graphical touch feedback BASIC code is NOT generated for objects that have the property "touchy"=0 (false). Ths defaults for text,rect,oval,bitmap. If touchy=1 then a small yellow dot appears on that object's corner.

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:10 am 

RSA wrote:
Hi aFox,

aFox wrote:
Later you have only to load a ready scaled background with the inactive elements
and the (inter)active elements if they are needed.

I can not speak for Giks. His BUIGEN is still in baby shoes and I am sure he is aware of
all the tricks etc. He is not handling/managing the Display List yet with a display list Array[].
Once that is done, if the people wants it, then I do not think what you suggest is the way to go.
If I understand you correctly when you refer to the "circles in the pond" then
that is another story and you are then crossing into animation for gaming.
Then the master bitmap will be loaded and cropped to the required sprites
and stored in memory for display when needed. But BUIGEN is not for gaming, it
is for generation of code for a Graphical User Interface. Without a tool like this
the programmer is stuck to calculate all coordinates by hand for this.

I think what Giks is asking the readers is to speak up and produce a programming framework
that they prefer. Then he has an indication of what his generated code should look like
so as to please as many as possible. Currently he has just put something on the table for
negotiation. With a framework I mean that every programmer has his own style of programming.
Thus you must demonstrate your style so that Giks can evaluate what people wants.

Regards
Emile

You are perfectly right. It is not for animations, or animated objects (I think it is enough that I am changing their position upon rotation). Once they are on screen, they stay on screen. Is up to you if you want to change them in your code, after I (only) generated them.
PS. I don't see what I should do with a DL in BUIGen. The gr. objects must be defined anyway in BAS. And that's what my app does.
gika

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next