It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 3:35 am

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: BUIGen - RFO BASIC UI Generator is up
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:04 am 

Spelling Fix :oops:
Attachment:
GuessNumber_all.zip [2.01 KiB]
Downloaded 12 times

Attachments:
guess1.PNG
guess1.PNG [ 91.83 KiB | Viewed 730 times ]

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:25 pm 

@RSA: interesting discussion! ...but i'm not sure if we all have the same definitions of 'layer', 'screens', 'display-list', (...maybe others). Maybe we would have to agree some definitions first.

However i think we have several, (partwise) redundant options to handle large groups of grObj-pointers in a 'quick'(*) way. To discuss/distinguish optimal/suboptimal solutions,
we also would have to agree targets/criterias for this, since the differences are very small in several cases.

To underline this, here a 3rd variant which does quick 'screen-switch' (but this one is not 'layer'suitable (the 1st one shown above isn't layer-suitable in 1st place too, but could be made ready so...))

best regards!
brochi

(*) at least a definition for 'quick' in this connection: without having to 'loop over' the single elements of such an collection

Code:
GR.OPEN          0,0,0,0,0,-1
GR.SCREEN        w,h

n             = 300
pt            = 500

xoff1         = 0 *w
xoff2         = 1 *w
xoff3         = 2 *w

FOR i         = 1 TO n
GR.COLOR       RND()*200+55, RND()*200+55,128,128, 1
GR.CIRCLE      nn, xoff1+ RND()*w, RND()*h, RND()*20+8
NEXT
FOR i         = 1 TO n
GR.COLOR       RND()*200+55, 128, RND()*200+55,128, 1
GR.CIRCLE      nn, xoff2+ RND()*w, RND()*h, RND()*20+8
NEXT
FOR i         = 1 TO n
GR.COLOR       RND()*200+55, 128, 128, RND()*200+55, 1
GR.CIRCLE      nn, xoff3+ RND()*w, RND()*h, RND()*20+8
NEXT

GR.GROUP.GETDL  all_

GR.RENDER
PAUSE            pt

DO
GR.MOVE all_,  -w
GR.RENDER
PAUSE           pt

GR.MOVE all_,  -w
GR.RENDER
PAUSE           pt

GR.MOVE all_,  2*w
GR.RENDER
PAUSE           pt
UNTIL0

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:25 pm 

OK this one's right
Attachment:
GuessNumber_all.zip [2.01 KiB]
Downloaded 19 times

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:13 pm 

Hi Roy as always you are in for everything. Well done!

@Brochi,
Brochi wrote:
interesting discussion! ...but i'm not sure if we all have the same definitions
I am very much in agreement with you Brochi and what I say now is not meant for you and others that really do understand.
I am scared this discussion could be seen as hijacking but it is very important for the readers to understand the very basic
principle on which BASIC was built around for graphics, being the "Display List" and the "side effect" called the "z-order"
because BASIC will draw one object over another in sequence as entered into the real "Display List" which is "executed" item
for item as per the list. BASIC have one "Display List" but we can "Automatically Group" together objects in a certain order per
numerous declared ARRAYS to be used as a "Sub Display List" This is then where the GR.NEWDL Screen1[]/ Screen2[]/Screen3[]/ ...
comes in to effect to simulate many screens.
For example this "Sub Display List" ARRAY could even be altered like : Screen3[23] = PtrRectAngle to replace the original object pointer.
Brochi wrote:
However i think we have several, (partwise) redundant options to handle large groups of grObj-pointers in a 'quick'(*) way
I don't think they are redundant. I believe in to use the tools that we have, in conjunction with one another and lately since
Marc added the GR.MOVE/GROUP thing I am surprised to see in how many "tricks/ways" became possible in this regard.
But now I must stop.

So can we discuss it here? I do not think so! The subject is very large and most dependent on many variants and scenarios
of which you already indicated some. I think this discussion needs a new thread to do good to BASIC! I might have told some
"half truths" here but rather construe that it is a way of explaining for a beginner that will see the light as he progresses.
It is like mathematics, it is easy but if you missed a tiny bit in the beginning then you become severely handicapped therein.
I will also post simple working examples for "multiple screens" in another thread for "DisplayList[]" versus "GR.MOVE".

Regards
Emile

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:12 pm 

The way to GR.GROUP/GR.MOVE was pretty long and 'stoney'. I once wanted to 'crack' the problem of a (dynamic) listview from 'scratch' in BASIC!, (so with a really large amount of entries), which finally lead to this request:

post11500.html#p11500

As you can see there humpty became involved too, the discussion went on at several other threads and finally finds it's end in marc's very nice solution.

I would appreciate to go on with the discussion: here (...if gika don't mind ?) or somewhere else.

regards,
brochi

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:07 am 

u can discuss it here, but then it would be nice to change the topic title.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:14 am 

Some buttons. Unpack all in the same folder. Load .BUI file.
Attachment:
buttons.zip [4.43 KiB]
Downloaded 30 times

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:45 pm 

Dear Gika, thank you very much for that update - I'll play around with it and see if I understand it 8-)

**örn

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:59 am 

By default, when 2 graphic objects overlap, the touch in the overlapped region is detected by the object beneath (in the back).Now, you can change/switch this, front or back (overlapped) object touch detection, in the right panel of BUIGen interface: the checkbox 'Touches'.
new upgrade version BUIGen 1.10
- switchable touch detection for overlapped objects (contribution RivesShamirAdleman)
ftp://86.125.99.23/public
or
Attachment:
bui.zip [450.37 KiB]
Downloaded 34 times

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:07 am 

new update to version BUIGen 1.10b
- added "layer" field in CSV export
- minor bug fixed
ftp://86.125.99.23/public
or
Attachment:
bui.zip [450.51 KiB]
Downloaded 65 times

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next