It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:33 pm

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post subject: Re: Bitmaps
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:59 am 

roy wrote:

Just a pity you have to pay £7, otherwise I'd give it a go, and I guess you'll have to pay for upgrades.

Regards Roy

£7?!?!?! Isn't that like 1 hour of minimum wage? Where are you, N.Korea?

For those wanting USB-Serial, Mintoris has it. I paid for it before even trying it. I would happily pay for RFO and associated 3rd-party tools.

Tinine

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:39 am 

Tinine wrote:
roy wrote:

Just a pity you have to pay £7, otherwise I'd give it a go, and I guess you'll have to pay for upgrades.

Regards Roy

£7?!?!?! Isn't that like 1 hour of minimum wage? Where are you, N.Korea?

Tinine

Do you think your snide little comment is funny. well I'm splitting my sides, NOT.

If you had bothered to read all my post you would have seen that my main concern was whether or not you can develop Mintoris apps on the computer and test on Bluestacks like we can with RFO Basic. I not interested in trying to develop app on my phone.

So if you have any more smart a** remarks, please keep them to yourself.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:52 pm 

I think you are right to react like this Roy!

But don't let's quarrel about these things here and leave it like this......

Regards, Aat

When Sod's Law equals Murphy's Law you are bound to be on the right track....!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:57 pm 

OK, thanks Aat

Regards Roy

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:25 am 

@Roy:

Please accept my apology. I didn't mean to offend.

It's just that I became irked at the suggestion that; for an amazing development tool that someone has put six years of effort into, that it's a "pity" that he's asking £7 to use it.

I mean, what is that?

A Big-Mac/fries/coke
Two pints at the pub for a beer drinker
A pack of cigarettes for the smoker

None of the above will ever help someone create the next block-buster game or other app.

Mintoris has none of the Bluetooth limitations of RFO, it's way faster than RFO, it has USB-serial comm's (Android devices make awesome user-interfaces for micro-controllers, which is what I do for a living).

In fact, I am grateful that this thread has brought Mintoris to my attention.

It's a no-brainer that unemployment would be totally eliminated if people had to work for free!

Respectfully,

Tinine

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:23 am 

Sincerely and respectfully Tinine : what are you doing here if Mintoris is so good for you?

Cheers

Gilles

Galaxy A3, 1280x720, Android 6.0.1

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:12 am 

Cassiope34 wrote:
Sincerely and respectfully Tinine : what are you doing here if Mintoris is so good for you?

Cheers

Gilles

It appears that I joined this forum within two weeks of yourself.

I haven't done anything with Mintoris except read the documentation and performed some timing experiments. However, I have used RFO quite a bit for debugging my micro-controllers (via BT) because I find it more convenient than B4A which I currently use for my high-end control systems.
I have recently committed to using RFO for a paid-for (albeit low-end) project and I intend to continue using it.

Mintoris has given me inspiration for a new way to approach machine-control GUI design but I can't let it distract me, at the moment, because I have too much on my plate.

Cheers,

Tinine

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:46 am 

@Tinine, It's not about the money.

It's because you can't try Mintoris before you buy. I wouldn't want to buy it if you can't develop Mintoris's apps on the computer and test on Bluestacks like we can with RFO Basic.

I think if you could, they'd say so on there web page.

Roy

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:10 am 

roy wrote:
It's because you can't try Mintoris before you buy.

But you said you downloaded the free trial! Is that so very limited it really is not a fair trial?

(I tried Mintoris myself way back. Was advised rather sniffily, IIRC, to go away back to RFO; maybe I dared to criticise...)

Mike.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:29 am 

mjcoon wrote:
(I tried Mintoris myself way back. Was advised rather sniffily, IIRC, to go away back to RFO; maybe I dared to criticise...)

This has stimulated me to look up my posts on the Mintoris forum. (I may have even paid for a full version but still given up using it, in which case rather profligate; my memory is so fuzzy...)

I see that about a year ago Chuck replied to an enhancement suggestion from me (that it should offer XML support via Android SAX interface) which in turn was four years ago! He's still promising the enhancement. I don't remember whether I ever suggested it for Basic!. It's difficult to search for TLAs like XML and SAX...

BTW the appeal of XML for me would be support for KML and thus Google Earth displays. I did that in Basic4PPC which does have XML support.

Mike.

Report this post