It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:20 am

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post subject: Anouncing RFO-BASIC! Quick APK (standalone builder)
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:10 pm 

Hello,

Let me introduce my new software to you: RFO-BASIC! Quick APK.
[edit] the beta is now open to everybody: http://mougino.free.fr/quickapk.html

I have spent a big amount of effort and time to make it user friendly. This was my primary goal, actually this is my first real UX Designed software.
It is also multi-language. Currently English and French are built-in, but it can easily be extended to other languages via a xml file (download http://mougino.free.fr/RFO/quick-apk/languages.zip).
I wrote 100% of the code myself, including the librairies, for the moment for Windows but I want to propose a Linux version very soon (I target Gambas as the IDE). The Linux version like the Windows one will have to make use of the following open source cross platform tools: adb, apktool, aapt, signapk, and zipalign (all embedded in the installer).

RFO-BASIC! Quick APK only weights 5.5 MB but it is fully standalone: it doesn't need any Java Development Kit nor Android SDK nor Ant compilation chain nor anything else at all. It is self-sufficient: install it, then run it. Plug your phone, select your program (and resources if you have some) and it makes your APK. For a basic user, you make an APK in exactly 4 clics/screens! Add a screen #0 at first start to choose the folder where your APKs will be stored, and a 5th screen with advanced options, + a tip screen (that you can hide) for device connexion, and you have the whole program.

It is still in beta stage however, and needs to be tested in various configurations: multimedia resource, database, html resource, with INCLUDEs, etc. etc. It misses a few features still under development: most importantly WiFi connexion to your device, and 2 advanced options: copy resource to SD, and use a certificate different from the one by default.

I would need:
  • Windows beta testers who are interested to e-mail me at Image and I will send them an installer
  • translaters to tell me by e-mail which language you want to translate the software into and I will send you either the English xml or the French one (or both - your choice) containing all the program labels to be translated
  • Linux users: I can send you the whole source code of Quick APK by e-mail then we can work together to adapt it for Gambas

Important: RFO-BASIC! Quick APK offers the same functionalities as the original App Builder, but in a whole new way. If users find it good enough, I think about stopping the support of the original App Builder. But it won't be lost: I have plans to transform it into a more complete RFO-BASIC! App Studio, but that will be for later, I want to focus my efforts on Quick APK in the next months.

Final note: I am leaving for China tomorrow. I will be back February 11th. However, I am taking a notebook with me with both Windows XP and Linux. I will have access to internet, so I should be able to answer relatively quickly.

Nicolas

Here are some screenshots:

Post subject: Re: Anouncing RFO-BASIC! Quick APK (standalone builder)
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:49 pm 

Mougino,

Great news! I've always wanted to compile an apk, but all the fuss is not really entertaining.
If you want to do an xml file in portuguese, I can help.

-------------

Hisense Sero 7 Pro (Tegra 3 7" rooted tablet - Android 4.4.4) / Moto G 3rd Gen (5" quad core rooted phone - Android 6.0).

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:12 pm 

Yes, no problem apeine, contact me by email at Image and I will send you back the English xml file. Thank you for your proposal ;)

Nicolas

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:08 pm 

Wonderful, Nicolas!

Since you are announcing this before v01.77 is out, is it independent of the BASIC! version?

And most important, are you over your jet lag yet?

- Marc

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:25 am 

Looks great Nicolas!

I send you an email.

I will try it and perhaps translate to german.

Please click on the Banner below, thank you!

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:26 am 

Yes Marc, it is kind of independent, it relies on several tools one of them being the Basic.apk having to be decompiled/altered/recompiled. This beta version includes a Basic.apk compiled from the latest BASIC! repo (that is why it is in beta).

@dtrieb sent you a link to your own beta version, having the program in german would be great!

Nicolas

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:32 pm 

Can it become more simple ????? NO !!!
Great, Nicolas,

I can offer you to translate into French.........just kidding.......

I'd like to make a Dutch translation !

Have a good time in China.

Aat.

BTW. does one have to load program/resources from Android device or can it also be from Windows ?

When Sod's Law equals Murphy's Law you are bound to be on the right track....!

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:36 pm 

In fact Aat, yes it can become more simple: compile directly from the phone within BASIC! ;) It is on my todo list, I will get there!

But for the moment, let's stick with Quick APK. To answer your question: one does not have to copy program/resource to the PC anymore, compared to App Builder which was PC-centered, Quick APK is device-centered, it directly lists the content of your device. Is it something you would like to change?

Nicolas

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:16 am 

Hi Nicolas,

Well, I guess it's a matter of taste; I like the way it's done with your 'old' APK-builder, viz. selecting source/resource on PC and resulting APK on PC.
Mainly to keep my phone/tablet as clean as possible.
But it would not be a big issue to me if this is changed into the way you suggest now.
If you could easily add a choice for both methods, then yes, please !

Do you need my private email if you want me on your translation team ?

Regards, Aat

When Sod's Law equals Murphy's Law you are bound to be on the right track....!

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:16 pm 

Great work as always Nicolas
I look forward to testing this soon!

EPr.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rfo.WhatsMySong