It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:11 pm

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anouncing RFO-BASIC! Quick APK (standalone builder)
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:34 am 

Hello, you have the select a main program (left box) for the "Next" button to be activated. This is not indicated in the "tip" screen but directly in the screen where you can select the .bas and resource... written in all letters "Select your main program and your resource folders/files:" (or a translation, I don't know what language you use). Selecting resources is not mandatory but selecting a program is, for obvious reasons.

Now the problem is that you say the left box is empty/blank, so it means you have not put any .bas program inside the subfolder <target-folder>\rfo-basic\source. This actually is indicated in the "tip" screen with the exact mention of the folder where you need to put your program. There is also a link to your target folder at the bottom of the "tip" screen (underline blue) that you can click to accelerate the copy/paste of your program and resources.

About your sentence "chose the rfo-basic folder in the right hand window it automatically chose the 2 sub-folders": be careful, are you sure you need to embed the whole "rfo-basic" folder with all its subfolders including "rfo-basic/source" in your APK? Most of programmers only need to embed "rfo-basic/data" or even only some resources inside it, especially if you mixed your own resources with others (e.g. the default BASIC! ones such as meow.wav and such, or others from another program you are developing...)

About the USB connect feature. The fact your laptop recognizes your Nook HD is not enough to allow communication. You need to read in detail the "tip" screen for USB and especially how to put your Android device in "USB debugging" mode. This mode is needed by Quick APK.

Finally, in which screen did you not find a "back" button in Quick APK? On my side, all screens have one except the last screen where you have successfully compiled to APK: it misses a "back" button but has a "build another APK" button that will work as a "back" button but is still to be plugged (I'm currently working on it for the next release).

Try again with above hints and tell me if you can make it work.

Nicolas

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:59 pm 

Thanks for the response...sorry i am just getting some more free time to play with this.
I am using the English version, BTW!

to your help answers:
My folders are:
C:\ProgramData\RFO Basic APK\rfo-basic\source <--This contains my "Math2.bas"
and
C:\ProgramData\RFO Basic APK\rfo-basic\data <-- This contains 3 files...2 .mp3 and a .png

I moved the files to
C:\ProgramData\rfo-basic\data (and source) getting rid of the "\RFO Basic APK\", but now cannot find a way to to change the setting from the original location.

the program shows me that:
Reminder: your target folder is at the following place:
C:\ProgramData\RFO Basic APK\
and i can't seem to change that.

I tried connecting thru the USB....I originally did turn on what i thought was the debugging, but found it in another place and now an positive(?) that it is turned on......I still cannot connect thru USB.

In the screen where i need to select the program and data files (with the "blank" left box and the folders in the right box), there is no back button-but i guess the TIP button does take me back to the main screen.

At this point, I guess the first thing i need to figure out is how to change where my default folder location are?

Again, thanks for your help !!!!!

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:54 am 

Hello Zinzah, I sent you a private message with a link to a diagnostic tool I just made.
Could you run it anywhere on your computer (the one you have Quick APK installed on) and either send me the output text file, or its content at Image

Thanks!
Nicolas

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:09 am 

Another thing: you don't need to change your default folder location, everything should work fine as it is now (or after I fix whatever may be found in the diagnostic tool). You should move again your rfo-basic folder and content inside the dedicated target folder "C:\ProgramData\RFO Basic APK\" you don't want to have all your apks and other files created directly in "C:\ProgramData\"

Also, could it be possible in the future that you post this kind of questions in the RFO-BASIC! App Builder's Questions and comments section or Bug Reports section?
I don't want to make the anouncement board too heavy. This is my fault really, I should have locked the anouncement after I made it, that's what I will do in the future.

Thanks,
Nicolas

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:26 am 

All:
Just in case you are not aware of it yet.....NICOLAS Rocks!!!!

Thanks soooooo much for the help!!!!!

Chris

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:34 am 

Zinzah wrote:
All: Just in case you are not aware of it yet.....NICOLAS Rocks!!!!

Truer words were never spoken!

Sorry to clutter up your Announcements board, Nicolas, but Chris is right and I couldn't resist the opportunity to say so.

Rock on!

- Marc

Unread postPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:35 pm 

Is there a linux version?

Unread postPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:58 am 

There isn't an equivalent to QuickAPK so far for Linux, but there is one to AppBuilder: see apk-builder-gui-for-gnu-linux-released-t2000.html

Nicolas

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:01 am 

great work mougino!!! do you know how many user compil with your quick apk ?

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:24 am 

Welcome rendomizer to the forum. i use quick APK, too. i translated it in romanian, if interested.
is a very good tool.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next