It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 12:20 am

Welcome
Welcome to rfobasic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today. **You are not required to provide truthful information to any registration questions. Be whomever you wish to be.!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: Announcing GW: a GUI-lib to easily create apps!
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:49 am 

The GW lib is out in version 4.2:

• Image Changed GW_MODIFY keys of INPUTBOX to 'text' (label) and 'input' (now same as all other INPUT* controls, see announcement for GW v4.0)

• Fixed GW_CUSTO_DLGBTN of DIALOG* buttons with a CUSTO 'notext'

• Fixed SLIDER input hidden by soft keyboard when being edited (especially at the bottom of the page)

• Fixed screen scrolling when touching a SUBMIT button (linked to zoom on INPUT*)

• Added new function GW_ZOOM_INPUT(0|1) to disable/enable zoom in INPUT* controls when being edited, set this setting for a page before creating it with GW_NEW_PAGE() (zoom is enabled by default)

• Improved the LISTENER to detect a "change" when re-selecting the already active SELECTBOX option

The cheatsheet is up-to-date at http://mougino.free.fr/tmp/GW/cheatsheet.html

Download the lib at the usual place: http://mougino.free.fr/tmp/GW/download.html

Nicolas

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:32 am 

Demo runs well on Bluestacks

Roy

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:41 am 

Hi Nicolas,

I hadn't followed BASIC! for some time (I'm plannng to come back), but I didn't imagine that the GW Lib had become in the meantime so professional and impressive!

Are you planning to seriously compete with Big G for Android devolpment? ;)
Be careful, they might decide to buy you up lib and all :D

Cheers,
Luca

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:32 am 

Haha, sweet dream ! But seriously I'd love to :lol:

I'm working hard on my GW App Composer in the little spare time I have (not enough to my taste! My 1-yo son needs a lot of it!)

When I manage to release it I sincerely think it will be an unprecedented solution : you'll have a Development Environment directly on Android that allows you to build an app in seconds, place controls on the screen, customize them with an assistant tool, see a live preview of how they render, then you write a few lines of BASIC! code (in a built-in editor) to handle user actions and make the "glue" between the app screens, and you can test your app in real time! (with debugger included)

And of course there'll be a link with the Compiler: the GW App Composer will produce the ".rfo" project so that you only have to press a few buttons in the Compiler to obtain your APK. (and even in mid-future I can integrate the Compiler directly in GWAC, why not?)

I don't think there's anything like that in the present time...
My research shows only AIDE or SL4A can compete, but they're text editors, not full WYSIWYG editor like GWAC is...

GWAC could really boost people developing Android applications, since no computer is needed. I think that's the kind of talk Google could hear ;) problem is they're so big they don't pay attention to small hobbyists like me :lol:

Nicolas

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:13 am 

Actually App UI Designer by the AIDE team does a little of what you say, but it's not really very much automated...

/ Luca

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:43 am 

Ah interesting! ;)

I wasn't aware of that, I'll have to re-test AIDE some day.

Nicolas

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:53 am 

Here's my (necessarily biased) review ;)

First to mention that I could not test it because AIDE's App UI Designer is a paying app.

Based on the description, screenshots, and user comments, it looks not very well integrated: it allows to create XML Layouts but you can't create an A-to-Z application with it, only way is to export the layout XML then continue development in AIDE's text editor.

It also "looks" more complicated in my point of view because it sticks to the native Android Dev. principles (layout > view > hierarchy), but that's wanted because the target is to generate a pure Android/Eclipse project in XML/Java.

Another minor draw-back is that you can't apparently preview your app screens in full-screen.

All in all I would say their UI Designer is targeted mostly at professionals (people with a computer degree) because you still need to understand the caveats of an Android project. It's barely an assistant to accelerate devs but you'll still need to produce an incredible amount of work to have something that compiles in a working APK.

GWAC will not be that. It will be targeted at beginners with no notion of Android APIs/project-structure. Basic coding skills will be needed to do some things out of the user actions, but RFO BASIC! will make it way simpler than having to code in Java.

Different tools for different people.

Nicolas

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:54 am 

Hi,

I have App UI Designer installed. Yes, I can confirm that overall it's the way you say.

/ Luca

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:16 am 

The GW lib is out in version 4.3:

• Image Changed location of all GW resources: they are now in a data/GW subfolder (existing files are moved)

If you used the third party lib GW_GALLERY, you need to replace it with the updated version available on laughton FTP.

In all cases, after install of this new version, we strongly recommend you to run the GW_demo 4.3 and test all the following parts of the demo, so that all the GW resources are moved to their new place: GW advanced controls > Colorpicker + Spinner + Lock Pattern ; GW themes > all of the them ; and Third party libs > GW_GALLERY.
At the end of this process your rfo-basic/data should be much cleaner with all GW-related resources moved to the rfo-basic/data/GW subfolder!

A new version of the BASIC! Compiler is on its way, with much simplified resource management for GW apps: now you only need to check the "GW" folder, instead of multiple GW files previously.

• Fixed GW halt "Divide by zero at: html.load.url javascript.document.getElementById('slider1')..."

• Fixed CUSTO of GW_ADD_BAR_LBUTTON and RBUTTON to show their 'icon' when 'iconpos' is not specified

• Improved download of GW themes: now silent, with fallback, do not need to restart the GW program

The cheatsheet is up-to-date at http://mougino.free.fr/tmp/GW/cheatsheet.html

Download the lib at the usual place: http://mougino.free.fr/tmp/GW/download.html

Nicolas

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:18 am 

Good idea to move the resources to a dedicated folder. It really makes cleaning up a lot easier. So far no problems here after testing the new GW.bas version, everything seems to be working fine. I'll do a second, more extensive, run later today when I have more time. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next